Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 07:03 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,951,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I called my Doctors office this morning asking if I could get something for nausea. The receptionist says she'll pass the request on to the dr.

I finally get a call at 7:45 tonight from the doctor stating she doesn't give out medicine to patients unless they come to her office. She already "diagnosed" me on Wednesday. I just needed something for nausea instead of Pepto.

Doctors like to get those office visits. Unfortunately, they like the money more than your health.

PS. I am not a Dr. hater or anything, but I've noticed that even though you might be a patient of theirs for 10 years or more, they DEMAND that you visit their office for something that could EASILY be taken care of by a phone call to the pharmacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,647 times
Got a call from my 9 yr olds school 10mins before school let out on Friday... Nurse said she was at 102... By Friday night she was at 103.6... She slept for most of the day/night...

Saturday she was back up to 103... Finally had to start alternating Tylenol/Advil every 2 hours, it was the only way to get her fever to break...

No other major/serious symptoms other than very high fever... She looked fine, acted fine, ate fine, no sneezing, no congestion, no body aches, nothing...

Sunday night she starts with a dry cough, pretty consistent...

Took her to Pedi today and she tested positive for Influenza A... Pedi said he could not believe she looked so good for having Type A... He started her on Tamiflu even though we were outside the 48 hour preferred treatment time... He said since she is asthmatic and the flu had already triggered her asthma cough that the Tamiflu would control the asthma symptoms... We are hoping Pneumonia does not set in as asthmatics with the flu are more likely to get Pneumonia...

Hope everyone feels better soon...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio