Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,280 times

Advertisements

Ahoy maties! Jules07, glad to have been invited - we thank ya. Had a grand time, sooooooo yeah, next week at the Saucer for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 06:12 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Hey Apple and Kathy! Sure good to get to meet you and welcome to the forum! All you posters that did not come...see what a fun group we are? Apple and Mrs Apple had never posted, Jules07 and Chris invite this couple and now they join and post! Looks to me that we are working our way into being a real fun group...both online and in person!

Flying Saucer is something we would enjoy when time allows, so Wednesday is the night we will shoot for since so many of you are going to meet up then...What time do you normal get there??? Thanks!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:04 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,483 times
Midorigreen,
We like Boudro's on the riverwalk. Great tableside guacamole! And Prickly Pear Margaritas! Don't know if you'll be going before delivery or not! We are anxiously awaiting 2 grandbabies! One to be here on Monday and one on Friday! We can hardly wait! Your Mom must be so happy to participate with the homebirth!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:06 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,483 times
Default Wednesday?

Hi! We willbe in League City on Monday for the birth of a grandbaby and in Southlake on Friday for another one! BUT, Wednesday we are scheduled to be back here. My husband is taking his real estate exam that day so he will be ready to celebrate that evening! What is the Flying Saucer?!

Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Talking Wow!!

Welcome Apple!!! Glad you joined! (Watch out everybody, we're in trouble now! )

Paka - They start taking orders for the glasses at 5:00 and start serving them just before/at 7. So we've tried to be there as close to 5 as possible. Makes it easier to find a place to sit and ensure ya get a glass! (BTW, daughter ended up getting a glass afterall! yea!)

NurseDana - horray for grandbabies!! Have fabulous trips and enjoy! So, Flyin Saucer is a restaurant/bar/pub type thing. Very casual and fun, friendly atmosphere. Wed. nights is "Brewery Night" and they have a special glass for the beer of the night that you get to keep. Next week's beer is Shiner 98! Yum! It's located on Huebner, just East of IH-10. Website is www.beerknurd.com. Tell your hubby I'll be excited to hear how his test went and "talk shop"!

Midorigreen - cool that your mom will be there for your homebirth! My last two little ones were born at home, awesome experience! Dinner on the Riverwalk - I second NurseDana about Boudro's. We also really enjoyed Republic of Texas when we went (although that was a few years ago), best Ranch dressing I ever had!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:37 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,884,167 times
Welcome Apple! Its nice to have you aboard !!!!!

Jules07 I am so glad your daughter got a glass. I mean it WAS her birthday so I am so glad she ended up with one. We will be heading out there but probably not for another 2 weeks or so. Don't want to tramatize baby thirsty any more than we are about to in our move!

Paka, I just think you are wonderful!

NurseDana...oh how exciting about the grandbabies, may everything go well and everyone be healthy and happy!!!!!! Hope your husbands exam went well!

I second Boudro's. There is a place in the King William's District called Rosario's that is FANTASTIC. Its off the beaten path a little but VERY yummy! Great drinks there too!

Old 07-21-2007, 01:13 AM

22 posts, read 103,345 times
I was very sad to have missed the Bigz gathering. I hope there will be a next time.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:34 AM

36 posts, read 146,693 times
Sure would be interest in going to the next meet and greet....

Babs
Originally form Granada Hills, California

Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Default Tomorrow night - Flying Saucer!!!

K guys (and gals!), anybody up for a "meet & greet" tomorrow night at Flying Saucer? Otherhalf and I will probably get there around 5 or 5:30. Although kids are welcome at the Saucer till 9pm, we're (otherhalf & I) goin' "kidless" this time. Anybody game?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:27 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
K guys (and gals!), anybody up for a "meet & greet" tomorrow night at Flying Saucer? Otherhalf and I will probably get there around 5 or 5:30. Although kids are welcome at the Saucer till 9pm, we're (otherhalf & I) goin' "kidless" this time. Anybody game?
Would LOVE to, but can't fit it into the schedule this time...HOWEVER, we WILL be there soon to enjoy a Wednesday get together with you guys! Everyone have fun for us tonite!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio