Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 10:56 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,409,990 times

Advertisements

Marie calander's has a great salad bar. I also miss zoopa's as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 11:22 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,672,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingSAT View Post
How so? And is this a fact or opinion?
That's a fact and it's reported on every year. The last list I saw had us at 8th out of the top 10 unhealthy cities in America.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:25 PM

6,691 posts, read 8,707,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
That's a fact and it's reported on every year. The last list I saw had us at 8th out of the top 10 unhealthy cities in America.
Does that mean the list stating that San Antonio is #1 city for singles is a fact too?

Some of these lists are certainly debatable and most likely not facts.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:44 AM

231 posts, read 811,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Does that mean the list stating that San Antonio is #1 city for singles is a fact too?

Some of these lists are certainly debatable and most likely not facts.
I have been told by die hard, born and raised San Antonians that San Antonio is in the top 3 of the most unhealthy cities in the US. Whether San Antonio is top 3 or top 10 there is no debating that San Antonio is an unhealthy city.

As far as San Antonio being great for singles that is for another thread.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy22 View Post
I have been told by die hard, born and raised San Antonians that San Antonio is in the top 3 of the most unhealthy cities in the US. Whether San Antonio is top 3 or top 10 there is no debating that San Antonio is an unhealthy city.

As far as San Antonio being great for singles that is for another thread.
If you want to believe what every "die hard, born and raised" San Antonian tell you then go for it.

I don't deny that SA is unhealthy, but I have to wonder how does that compare to other cities? What factors are used? All I see is a list with no actual data to back up these claims or how the study is conducted.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:12 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,884,973 times
This has to be the most argumentative forum on the planet. The OP asked for the location of salad bars in San Antonio. period. Does this translate to actual life in SA, say, that if you ask where the Rodeo is, someone is going to tell you that you shouldn't go because they harm animals? If you ask where the best taco is, you shouldn't eat them because they make you fat? Ridamndiculous.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
This has to be the most argumentative forum on the planet. The OP asked for the location of salad bars in San Antonio. period. Does this translate to actual life in SA, say, that if you ask where the Rodeo is, someone is going to tell you that you shouldn't go because they harm animals? If you ask where the best taco is, you shouldn't eat them because they make you fat? Ridamndiculous.
Sorry Sapphire. I didn't bring up the unhealthy issue, I was just stating my opinion on these silly lists since someone else did.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:26 PM

231 posts, read 811,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
If you want to believe what every "die hard, born and raised" San Antonian tell you then go for it.

I don't deny that SA is unhealthy, but I have to wonder how does that compare to other cities? What factors are used? All I see is a list with no actual data to back up these claims or how the study is conducted.
I believe the facts. The facts are that San Antonio is an unhealthy city. San Antonio gets this designation year in and year out. The locals who arent homers will agree with these reports. Getting back on top, its not surprising that its hard to find a decent salad bar in a city of what, 1.5 million people? That says a lot.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:52 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
in defense of some... this is the SA forum and most people seeking a salad bar are usually trying to get something a little more healthy. Of course a salad bar really doesn't fit that description, but, if you skip about 95% of the options, it is possible.. it is also true that eating healthy is difficult at best in this city. I have always been frustrated by the lack of sugar free carbonated beverages. When I first moved here, I asked one of the guys unpacking the drinks in that aisle why the selection of non-sugary drinks was so slim and he said it's because there is no demand. Just the other day I went to at least 5 places trying to find a sugar free ginger ale and nobody had any. I even put out a bounty on some at work if anyone happened to come across any.
I'm a big fan of junk just like everyone else, but I'm also pretty good at seeing the obvious and it's obviously clear that this isn't the city for fans of healthy eating. It is just really hard to do and only a fool would disagree with that. And I'm not saying there isn't any, but it's a definite minority for sure..

Last edited by rd2007; 02-13-2011 at 07:03 PM..

Old 02-13-2011, 05:57 PM

574 posts, read 1,332,632 times
Wholefoods has a good salad bar, they've expanded on their smaller one some months ago. Plus they have hot foods (soups, pizza, entrees) and ready made meals to supplement your salad if you are looking to eat a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio