Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 02:22 PM

574 posts, read 1,338,573 times

Advertisements

WF on Callaghan? Sun Harvest, no?

It's nice to see the chain expanding, especially here in SA. I hope they will feature a larger prepared food section as well as a larger produce section. The Lamar store actually carries sea beans If they could get the real estate I'd think they'd want to expand on their current location in the Quarry.

I'm wondering if SO is really the best location for this, if at all. SO crowd seems like they may shop at WF because of the "status" attached to the store, not because they are food/consumer/environmentally conscious folk. Could be a fad that may or may not stand the test of time. I think the reason a store like Greenfields thrives out there is because it is a small store. I could be wrong here...hopefully for the WF I am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 02:58 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That's a Sun Harvest, big, huge difference.

I personally like Green Fields. It's too far for me to go on a regular basis, though. Their meat is delicious and very reasonable, as compared to Whole Foods. If I lived out there near Blanco Road, I would definitely be excited. I hope they are supported, and I bet they will be.
Darnit. They all feel the same to me. The one time i went they had a good deal on Cascadian Farms cereal but otherwise it was hohum. Blanco Road is too far for me to drive too, though. I'll drive to the Quarry if I really need to.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
Sure HEB will survive its arrival, but wonder how that Green Fields Market will fare??
I wondered about that, too. The main thing Green Fields has going for it is that it is about 2 miles away from any other grocery stores. Now it'll be about 2 miles away from Whole Foods.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:17 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Well, I'm pouting, personally. It would sure be nice to have something NICE over here...

Old 02-18-2011, 03:18 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Darnit. They all feel the same to me. The one time i went they had a good deal on Cascadian Farms cereal but otherwise it was hohum. Blanco Road is too far for me to drive too, though. I'll drive to the Quarry if I really need to.
That store is not as good/nice as it should/could be. Shame.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:43 PM

62 posts, read 105,322 times
I'm hoping (probably in vain) that perhaps this will inspire them to improve the one in the Quarry. Some of the stuff is nice, but the prepared foods section is terrible when compared to other Whole Foods stores around the country. We usually just opt to go to Central Market when we're looking for prepared foods. Would be nice to have another good option.

Old 02-18-2011, 03:49 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
That store is not as good/nice as it should/could be. Shame.
I know it. It was "sort of" on my way home from work and I never stopped there just because of that so-so trip.

Old 02-18-2011, 04:56 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I wondered about that, too. The main thing Green Fields has going for it is that it is about 2 miles away from any other grocery stores. Now it'll be about 2 miles away from Whole Foods.

they do have some nice sales on produce though.

The Whole Foods at the Quarry was my first and only experience with the store and I have to say I wasn't thrilled. Thought Central Market was soo much better. But, I'm excited to see what this new location will be like. They are going to have to step it up to compete with HEB right across the street and Green Fields, which is closer to me.

I'm pretty loyal to the HEB at Blanco, but with grocery prices being what they are, I'll follow the sales. (Just as long as it's not a wal-mart)

Old 02-18-2011, 04:58 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Color me so shocked that Stone Oak gets even more expansion that their already cramed traffic patterns can't handle.

I was hoping for some downtown grocery news, but alas, it remains pie-in-the-sky optimism

BN

Old 02-18-2011, 06:27 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Color me so shocked that Stone Oak gets even more expansion that their already cramed traffic patterns can't handle.

I was hoping for some downtown grocery news, but alas, it remains pie-in-the-sky optimism

BN
No kidding. I'd like to have a grocery store in our area too but since we live just inside the loop, it isn't going to happen - we have to make do with Target, or make a special trip to HEB.

On the other hand, I love our lack of traffic! I'll deal with no convenient grocery store if it means I don't have to deal with insane traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio