Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 02:34 PM

32 posts, read 56,980 times

Advertisements

I've been working with a Realtor now for almost a month and have only seen 1 property. I have expressed interest in numerous properties, many of whom I've found on my own. I'm just getting a little frustrated that I'm not seeing more properties and the overall lack of communication. First it was illness then it was home problems, after a month of excuses, when is enough..enough? This is my first time buying a home and I am getting highly discouraged. Please don't tell me other realtors are like this!

Can anybody recommend a realtor who will answer my e-mails in a timely manner, take me to look at houses and even pretend to care about my concerns and wants? I am looking for something in the Northeast side of San Antonio (78247 and 78232 kind of areas) in the 120-150 range. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I have about 10 properties I would LOVE to see with no one to take me to see them.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 02:42 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,820,173 times
If you signed a contract with this person I think you're stuck.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:48 PM

32 posts, read 56,980 times
Luckily, no contract has been signed.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:58 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
DM sent, Mike's highly recommend not only by us but several of our friends who he's helped as well!

Cheers! M2

Old 02-10-2011, 03:00 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,780,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
DM sent, Mike's highly recommend not only by us but several of our friends who he's helped as well!

Cheers! M2
Geez MMM, Mike should start paying you for all the business you send his way.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM

759 posts, read 3,690,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellea View Post
I've been working with a Realtor now for almost a month and have only seen 1 property. I have expressed interest in numerous properties, many of whom I've found on my own. I'm just getting a little frustrated that I'm not seeing more properties and the overall lack of communication. First it was illness then it was home problems, after a month of excuses, when is enough..enough? This is my first time buying a home and I am getting highly discouraged. Please don't tell me other realtors are like this!

Can anybody recommend a realtor who will answer my e-mails in a timely manner, take me to look at houses and even pretend to care about my concerns and wants? I am looking for something in the Northeast side of San Antonio (78247 and 78232 kind of areas) in the 120-150 range. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! I have about 10 properties I would LOVE to see with no one to take me to see them.

Thanks in advance for the help.
dm sent

Old 02-10-2011, 06:46 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,191,352 times
Why would anyone sign a contract for a realtor to show them houses? Listing a house? yes, I understand that. Even then, all of the contracts I've signed when listing my house give me the right to fire the realtor if I am not happy. But as far as a realtor that wants to sign a contract just to show you houses, well, I think they are overestimating their importance.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:31 PM

872 posts, read 1,856,615 times
DM sent for a realtor...and a house I'm selling!

Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knrstz View Post
Why would anyone sign a contract for a realtor to show them houses? Listing a house? yes, I understand that. Even then, all of the contracts I've signed when listing my house give me the right to fire the realtor if I am not happy. But as far as a realtor that wants to sign a contract just to show you houses, well, I think they are overestimating their importance.
Why would a Realtor take the time to commit to you, when you won't commit to them? You have to understand that when I (or any Realtor) works with a buyer, it's incredibly time consuming, if they're doing a good job. There's an insane amount of research and travel. And for any client, finding the right house is only 10% of the job. It gets REALLY difficult after that.

And if you knew anything about the buyer representation contract, you'd know that it's just as much a promise from the Realtor to the client as it is vice versa. It's not a method to "tie up" a buyer. It's contractually obligating us to look out for that buyer's best interest. The way brokerage works, unless we're under contract with a buyer, we represent that seller (yes...even if we're not the listing agent). It's called a sub-agent. So your two choices are A) work with someone that's not looking out for you or B) work with someone that is.

Before you comment, know what you're talking about.

To the OP, I'm sure you'll get a lot of good recommendations. If a Realtor isn't helping you, find another that will. The good ones return calls and will help you out.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,992,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Geez MMM, Mike should start paying you for all the business you send his way.

Matt

Mike's found us and a lot of our friends homes we love, and we consider it a "win-win" if he can help others do the same...

I know there are a lot of good realtors out there; but much like Discount Tire and Jason's Deli, if we are very pleased with the service we get, we like to let others know!

Oh, and just so folks know, we get no commission or any regular compensation for sending people Mike's way!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio