Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,519,066 times

Advertisements

So, daughter is turning 8 tomorrow and wants shrimp for dinner. Since our family tradition is that the whole family goes out for dinner on birthday nights, we need to find a family friendly (i.e. kids meals on the menu and not as fancy/pricey as Pesca) seafood place. Gettin' tired of Joe's Crab Shack and Sea Island. (We have alot of seafood lovers in this family!) We're thinkin' about The Cove, but also wondering about Fish City Grill. Anybody tried that, or have other recommendations? Thanx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 02:26 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,870,084 times
Hey Jules...We have eaten there a few times and love it. Can you tell little thirsty isn't a big cook...ha ha ha!!!!! It is small and cozy but we take baby thirsty with us. They have their menu online. They give kids crayons and a kid menu. We love the food. Please tell your precious one Happy Birthday from the Thirstys
I came back to add this, they have one of the friendliest staffs of any restaurant we have been too. They are super nice in there!!!!!! Just felt the need to share that

Last edited by little_thirsty; 07-23-2007 at 02:37 PM..

Old 07-23-2007, 04:16 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,398,106 times
Over the weekend went to a place on the westside called J Anthony's, someone had recommended it and with the long drive it was well worth it. It across from the HEB at Las Palmas.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:24 PM

409 posts, read 1,555,707 times
I had Fish City Grill one day and thought it was great! Can't wait to take my hubby there!

Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,519,066 times
Thumbs up Fish City Grill

Yep, that's where we went! Everybody loved it, birthday girl had the adult size shrimp basket (even tho she's a tiny 8 yr old!) and she loved it! Every person on staff there was as friendly as could be. Thumbs up!

So, NurseDana, any grandbabies yet????

Old 07-25-2007, 11:07 PM

409 posts, read 1,555,707 times
Yes! Had a grandson Tuesday @ 5:28 am! He is wonderful! Suppose to drive to Southlake early Friday am for our grandaughter to be born but her Mommy thinks it will be tomorrow! Kinda sounds liek it might be! Just hope she'll wait until I can board my Yorkie in the morning! Thanks for remembering and asking! That was sweet!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,757,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseDana View Post
Yes! Had a grandson Tuesday @ 5:28 am! He is wonderful! Suppose to drive to Southlake early Friday am for our grandaughter to be born but her Mommy thinks it will be tomorrow! Kinda sounds liek it might be! Just hope she'll wait until I can board my Yorkie in the morning! Thanks for remembering and asking! That was sweet!
awww, NurseDana, if I had my own place right now, I'd watch your Yorkie for free!!!

My mom had a yorkie, and when she passed away, some dear family friends took Pokie - thank Gawd!!! because I just adored that little guy and wanted to make sure he had a wonderful home... and he surely DOES!!
I had some very scary conversations with a few people who had gotten wind of the situation and were salivating at the thought of owning this sweet little cutie pie.... but my God! One woman said she would keep him crated in her bedroom, BEHIND her bed (on the other, non visible side of the bed) so that the DOBERMANS in the house wouldnt bother him!!!!! She's probably still shaking her head from the sound of the phone slamming in her ear....
and someone else who wanted to take him and fly him across the country to their new home.... this person told me she was real concerned that he have the right home because she'd read that Yorkies don't respond well when their owners die and they have to be put down, and she wanted to take him to make sure that didn't happen!!! DUH??? she wouldn't be a NEW home and NEW owner to him???
anyway, he is safe, happy, playful and WONDERFUL now.... I adore him... he's really human, I suspect.....

Old 07-26-2007, 12:37 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,870,084 times
Congrats on baby one and many well wishes for baby two! Hope all families are doing well!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:28 AM

89 posts, read 352,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsatx View Post
Over the weekend went to a place on the westside called J Anthony's, someone had recommended it and with the long drive it was well worth it. It across from the HEB at Las Palmas.
That place use to be located somewhere different that location has been open around 4 or 5 years now...Probably the best fish in the city. They should make more locations...you really gotta be a native to know about that one lol

Old 07-26-2007, 05:15 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,375,970 times
Can you tell me WHERE near Las Palmas it is????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio