Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2011, 08:50 AM

168 posts, read 409,213 times

Advertisements

SILVERADO theater at Bandera/1604 went to reserve seats only about a year ago. We rarely get our requested seats from the ticket clerk at the window and have to return to the customer service desk to be "reticketed"!
We spoke with the SILVERADO manager yesterday and she advised that ALL Santiko theaters are moving to reserve seats only. This discourages theater jumpers (those who pay to watch one movie, but then jump to another or watch one and stay and watch a second movie). It also accommodates the popular movies so that fans don't have to "camp out" to get seats.
We encouraged the manager to train the ticket clerks on each theater seating arrangements (they have an electronic seating chart).
Anyone else experiencing reserve seat problems?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 10:02 AM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,723 times
Nope haven't experienced this problem firsthand. I always buy hubby's and son's tickets online (I am rare I guess---I HATE watching movies) ahead of time, choose their seats and they go without problems. One time they showed up and someone was sitting in their seats they reserved. The people refused to move. Hubby tried to be polite and asked them to look at their tickets but these people were borderline beligerant (at a kids movie no less). So my hubby gets an usher and the usher comes over and checks the tickets and the people were sitting in the wrong seats in the wrong movie!

He has witnessed other people show up and have the same seats on a couple of occasions. And on both occasions, one party willingly moved to another seat after the theater compensated them with tickets to another show.

Hubby and son go to the movies at least once a month and we have used the reserved seating since it was implemented and only had the one "issue" which really wasn't even an issue w/ the theater. I always buy their tickets online. It costs a little more to buy the tickets online ($1-2 each I think), but it has always been worth it to them since we lock the seats in a day or two in advance.

Old 02-27-2011, 10:51 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,029 times
If the human race can get onto a commercial flight and find their seat without too much issue, I have hope that this new tech in movie theaters can work out well. I'm all for it.

Nothing worse than having to show up to that cluster**** of a movie house called The Palladium and then wait for an hour in line outside the theater. Not my idea of fun. I've been doing reserve seating at the Rivercenter IMAX (which, btw, is always empty, offers free parking, is brand new and you never have to worry about it selling out) for about a year now and it's always worked out swell.

What I don't like is when a guy like Santikos charges more for using this technology. We'll see.

BN

Old 02-27-2011, 11:12 AM

203 posts, read 561,211 times
This system sucks! Nobody sits in their seats anyway and it slows down the line to buy tickets tremendously.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,029 times
Well, if Santikos trained some ushers who could actually throw people out, keep the lines moving and get people familiarized with the program, it might actually work out pretty well.

BRING BACK THE USHER! ... Give them tazers

BN

Old 02-27-2011, 03:04 PM

218 posts, read 501,440 times
I wonder if it has hurt business. Ever since they started this I haven't been to the Silverado and can almost see it from where I live. I go to the AMC or Regal theaters. I haven't been in a while so they might have it now.

I want to have the choice of picking my seat after walking in the theater. If I see a group of loud kids I sit on the opposite side. The only time I could see it being used is opening weekend. After that they should make it free seating.

It also makes going in groups a pain. We usually go in groups so now everyone has to buy at the same time or one person buys all of them.

Old 02-27-2011, 03:19 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
To prevent the "theater-jumping" issue, why don't they just take your tickets when you are going in to the theater that your movie is playing in? There are always ushers stationed there anyway. That would prevent the low-renters from watching 3 or 4 movies for free. Always have to stay one step ahead of people like that.......but it seems like the system is already set up for that and they just don't do it. Weird. I know I would, if I owned the theater.

I have used the reserved seating at Silverado, a couple of times, and not had an issue, but then again, we don't even go to the movies anymore. Unless it's a "blockbuster" we wait for DirectTV to show it or just redbox it. $50 for three to see a movie, have a soda and some popcorn, it's just not worth it anymore. Most of the crap they put out is, well, crap.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:11 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,707,600 times
Their soda gives me major heartburn.

/thread.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,045,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
Same for me. I think they need to "fix the mix" because there must be too much carbonation vs. soda syrup!

Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,023,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post

/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Same for me. I think they need to "fix the mix" because there must be too much carbonation vs. soda syrup!
Wimps. -_-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio