Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 12:21 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,386,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsawomanthing View Post
Gonna have to get the map out and find this place! sounds like it would be right up my alley!

Native Philly girl here!
Please give your opinion. I'm always interested in seeing if others share my taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 12:35 PM

27 posts, read 26,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuapower927 View Post
I am from Pennsylvania, very close to Philadelphia. I have been here for almost a year and still have not found a decent cheesesteak or chinese place in town. Anyone on here from Southeast PA, New Jersey or New York that knows of a cheesesteak or general tsao's chicken place that makes it like northeasterners know how to make it? I am talking about the kind of cheesesteaks you find in Philly and the kind of Chinese food you find in downtown New York.

So far I am impressed with the BBQ that Texas has to offer but not with the Pizza, Cheesesteaks or Chinese Food.

Thanks.
I'm from Baltimore, don't even get me started on the lack of seafood here. Texas ships over 75% of the crabs we eat on the East Coast, but you can't find a seafood place anywhere. Anybody even been to Captain Harvey's subs in Dundalk, MD? Every bit as good as Pats from Philly, without the cheese, sorry but I'm not a big cheese fan . Was told Romes had the best pizza in town, went to the location over on 16. In my opinion it was no better then Di Giornos. Have not been to Papa Murphys yet, but it seems that these take and bake shops are popping up all over town.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:15 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,554,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTeq View Post
I'm from Baltimore, don't even get me started on the lack of seafood here. Texas ships over 75% of the crabs we eat on the East Coast, but you can't find a seafood place anywhere. Anybody even been to Captain Harvey's subs in Dundalk, MD? Every bit as good as Pats from Philly, without the cheese, sorry but I'm not a big cheese fan . Was told Romes had the best pizza in town, went to the location over on 16. In my opinion it was no better then Di Giornos. Have not been to Papa Murphys yet, but it seems that these take and bake shops are popping up all over town.
Try Miss Ellie's or Julian's for pizza. I'm from Boston, and they're the best around here, IMHO.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 AM

5 posts, read 27,897 times
Default Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

I 2nd the Deleward Sub Shop...the best Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich I've ever had!!! There are several locations in Austin, not sure about San Antonio.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:34 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,544,588 times
There is a little drive through place that sells Philly cheesesteaks across from Churchill High school. It's called Janzkies or something like that. I grew up here in SA so I don't know anything about them except they taste good to me. I wish a more experienced person would try one and tell me what they think.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,293,442 times
There's a Delaware subs in Alamo Heights if I remember right. Or close to it. It's in that general area.. maybe up Austin Hwy right out of AH. I'm sure someone here knows or you could google it.

Pizza: I hate it. However, my previous co-worker was a native New Yorker and always complaining about the pizza here. We had lunch once at a pizza place downtown right next to the courthouse. I cannot recall the name but it is RIGHT there, steps from the courthouse, long skinny place on the corner of a building with other restaurants. She said it was "pretty good" and the closest she'd tasted yet that compared to NY pizza.

So FWIW.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,796 times
Chinese:

My favorites are Panda Express (very fresh food!) and Lee's Garden (on Babcock at Wurzbach).

I've heard that Golden Wok (Wurzbach...not sure of cross street) has very good, more 'authentic' food. They have a la carte dim sum on Sat/Sun.

Cheesesteak:

I do not know if it is authentic, but Texadelphia (281, near the airport) had delicious cheesesteak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio