Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 01:02 PM

4 posts, read 16,294 times

Advertisements

Hi, we recently moved here and live at 1604 and Patranco. I have found plenty of lists of city parks but since I am not familiar with this city, just addresses don't help narrow things down at all. There are literally hundreds of parks listed. Does anyone know of a map of San Antonio Parks so I can narrow it down a bit? I have a one year old and would love to explore some outdoor activity close by. If you don't know of any maps, do you know any names of parks off the top of your head that are in my area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,140,433 times
City of San Antonio | Official Web Site - Parks & Recreation Department - list of all parks if you haven't seen this one.
Heritage Duck Pond is at Potranco and Dugas in the Heritage subdivision across from Stevens High School.
I live in the area but don't go to parks much to get you more info. than Heritage.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:34 PM

177 posts, read 358,383 times
First of all, there are very few neighborhood parks... at least not the kind I grew up with. Just another disappointing thing we figured out once we got here. Second, I took my granddaughter to the Heritage Duck Pond once and we left quickly. It's safer to drive up to Boerne and feed the ducks there.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 PM

4 posts, read 16,294 times
Well Stabart47 I live just 2 miles from Heritage Duck Pond so I am not too concerned with the Safety there. Thanks for the info Skeet, sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Just a small little place to go play close to home.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:41 PM

Great! Have fun!!

Old 03-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debik09 View Post
Well Stabart47 I live just 2 miles from Heritage Duck Pond so I am not too concerned with the Safety there. Thanks for the info Skeet, sounds like exactly what I am looking for. Just a small little place to go play close to home.
Your welcome! I am at walking distance from the park; unfortunately the ducks have not made it close to my house.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
Second, I took my granddaughter to the Heritage Duck Pond once and we left quickly. It's safer to drive up to Boerne and feed the ducks there.
I'm curious...what was it about Heritage Duck Pond that did not make you feel safe? I pass by quite frequently and see tons of families feeding the ducks.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM

The other people in the park that day... they were not there with children or grandchildren feeding ducks, let's put it that way.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
The other people in the park that day... they were not there with children or grandchildren feeding ducks, let's put it that way.
All sorts of illegal behavior happens in parks, no matter the area of town. Sometimes Park Police are there and folks are caught and sometimes not. If someone sees something going on, it's best to call police.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:19 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,430,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
All sorts of illegal behavior happens in parks, no matter the area of town. Sometimes Park Police are there and folks are caught and sometimes not. If someone sees something going on, it's best to call police.
Well, I agree, but really, you should have some reasonable expectation of safety at a city park. When I was there with our daughter, there were some undesirables. It was a little rough. I did not feel exactly comfortable being there with her alone.

The parks system here on this side of town is severely lacking. It's disappointing. The other thing that's irksome is most elementary schools have their playscapes and swings under lock and key, so you can't go on weekends to swing with your kid. At least, at the few we tried.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio