Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 89,738 times

Advertisements

I absolutely love San Antonio, but is it safe anymore? Is San Antonio really a safe place to visit/live in one day? Does anyone ever feel unsafe about the mexicans overflowing into san antonio? I am NOT racist, but my last visit really made me question if San Antonio is really a safe place? Anyone know where is a good place to raise a family?

Old 07-24-2007, 04:26 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
I saw your prior post before it was deleted, and yes....you are a racist. At least based on those comments regarding your girlfriend's safety.

San Antonio is safer than many cities much smaller than it is. The population does not contribute to criminal activity and in fact the family values prevalent in most hispanic families helps keep San Antonio's crime rate low.

There are areas of town that you can go and get into trouble, but that is true of any city regardless of ethnic makeup. Overall, this town compares favorably with any other city you can think of in regards to safety.

BTW, nobody is overflowing into San Antonio. The Mexican community founded the city and we gringos joined them only recently.

Darnit! You made my halo slip!

Old 07-24-2007, 04:28 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
I am not mexican and I am insulted by your comment! Mexicans overflowing???? San Antonio is safe...and being mexican or black or white or green has NOTHING to do with safety at all. EVIL PEOPLE COME IN CALL COLORS. However, I believe that IF you feel the concern because of such diversification that San Antonio offers, (as your comment implies) then I would hope you do NOT decide to move or visit here anymore..we do not need the type of attitude that you display ruining our wonderful melting pot of decent (and yes, NOT so decent) folks. Your concerns about raising a family should start with the influence that YOU as a parent are to your children...sounds like you should work on that issue before you concern yourself with others.

Last edited by Paka; 07-24-2007 at 04:46 PM..

Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM

15 posts, read 74,264 times
Default Is san antonio safe ???

i ansered this question to someone asking about seguin. and this is what i told them. stay away from the older parts of the city you gonna have more gangs drugs and crime there. best bet for you if your lookin to move would be converse, cibalo/schertz and burnie areas all these places are in high development right now. and your still only 15-20 mins from s.a. ..... charlie.....

Old 07-24-2007, 04:42 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,710,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post

BTW, nobody is overflowing into San Antonio. The Mexican community founded the city and we gringos joined them only recently.

Darnit! You made my halo slip!
That is insulting to the Native Americans that were there before Mexicans Native Americans - The First Owners of the American West

Nonetheless, cofo, why don't you just move to the Northern part of SA? It's tending to overflow with gringos now.

San Antonio has always been a Mexican city and it will always be a Mexican city. Lots of people visit SA for the Spanish culture.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,389,899 times
hmmm, now I finally know why the city is named SAN ANTONIO

* this is sarcasm intended for the duh crowd that occasionally visits and posts things that probably weren't very well thought out....

Old 07-24-2007, 04:46 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,242,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-50 View Post
i ansered this question to someone asking about seguin. and this is what i told them. stay away from the older parts of the city you gonna have more gangs drugs and crime there. best bet for you if your lookin to move would be converse, cibalo/schertz and burnie areas all these places are in high development right now. and your still only 15-20 mins from s.a. ..... charlie.....
Cibalo? Burnie? WTH?

Anyways, there's plenty of areas outside the inner west and inner east sides (which are gang hoods) that are very safe to live besides the aforementioned incorrectly spelled cities you mentioned.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:48 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,340 times
Default Houston, Detroit, Atlanta, WDC, Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas

All of the cities mentioned above are way more dangerous to live in than San Antonio. In other words it is because the city is majority Hispanic that the crime level/murder rate is much lower than most major American cities. I grew up here and like most other San Antonians I was raised to be tolerant of all people and cultures. That's what makes the area so enjoyable to live in. People's attitudes. I've spent time in New York, Washington, Baltimore and Houston. And there is no question that San Antonio is the best place to live of all of these towns. I would say this. If you're going to live here I would drop the "all these Mexicans" attitude and learn to accept people and get along. If you don't want to do that I would say go to Houston, Dallas or Atlanta where the demographic makeup and the attitudes of people are more to your suiting. Mi Entiendas?

Old 07-24-2007, 04:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,604,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
That is insulting to the Native Americans that were there before Mexicans Native Americans - The First Owners of the American West

Nonetheless, cofo, why don't you just move to the Northern part of SA? It's tending to overflow with gringos now.

San Antonio has always been a Mexican city and it will always be a Mexican city. Lots of people visit SA for the Spanish culture.
Now Nick, why would that be insulting to our original inhabitants since they did not form cities? I did not say that Mexicans were the first inhabitants did I? Cities were not established until the Spanish began missions which grew into villages. Most of the mission villages disappeared prior to the growth of the missions into towns and cities. When Spain began trying seriously to populate Texas by sending Spaniards and Meztizos into the mission lands the first towns were formed. The native inhabitants had been driven away or absorbed into the spanish culture by this time.

Moving to Norther SA is not a great option for cofo either. I am sure he would still find too many of the wrong kind of people around and not feel safe. The pockets of pure white culture in SA is just too few and far between to permit avoidance of all Mexicans. I think perhaps some isolated parts of Idaho might be better, if the natives of Idaho don't mind.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:49 PM

64 posts, read 251,265 times
Default You know I just moved from Pa..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofo View Post
I absolutely love San Antonio, but is it safe anymore? Is San Antonio really a safe place to visit/live in one day? Does anyone ever feel unsafe about the mexicans overflowing into san antonio? I am NOT racist, but my last visit really made me question if San Antonio is really a safe place? Anyone know where is a good place to raise a family?
Where the folks were just like you Racist.!!!!!.The the second I step foot outside and heard me speak... The first thing those folks would say is.....

Your not from around here right????I would say no...I just moved 4 years ago.

Get out we don't like NJ or NY and guess what?????

I'm hear now....And the TEXANS have not one time asked me why do you speak that way?????

So you know what????I love these folks I never want to leave...I wish my children could have been born here..

The love in Texas is big!!!!!!!!! The people in Texas are great!!! So if you have something to say..... Go to PA and tell them about it I'm sure you can be racist out there all you want!!!!!!!

That is the topic of the day!!!!!To hate people!!!!!So sad....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio