Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 PM

409 posts, read 1,561,627 times

Advertisements

PopsGuysRule--Glad you were in an appropriate setting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2007, 07:07 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
Default Bills could relocate to San Antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergal View Post
How about the San Antonio Bills a/k/a Buffalo Bills. I am trying to talk them into coming with me when we move there from western NYS. What do think my chances are that they would come?
The chances aren't bad actually. When 88 year old Ralph Wilson dies the new owner might want to relocate to a larger market like San Antonio. Provided there isn't a team here by then already.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Great answers.....since we're having fun......

San Antonio Tourists

San Antonio Transplants

San Antonio Gridlock! (my personal fav!)

Old 07-25-2007, 09:28 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergal View Post
How about the San Antonio Bills a/k/a Buffalo Bills. I am trying to talk them into coming with me when we move there from western NYS. What do think my chances are that they would come?
I hear ya, crittergal...
good luck on that one!!! LOL

Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Great answers.....since we're having fun......

San Antonio Tourists

San Antonio Transplants

San Antonio Gridlock! (my personal fav!)

LOLOL... I hear ya Cat.... esp San Antonio Gridlock.... but I think Los Angeles, Dallas and Miami have the corner on that, truthfully.... LOL

Old 07-26-2007, 09:23 AM

1,241 posts, read 4,334,730 times
I say, S.A. Chargers because SD will relocate.

Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 AM

159 posts, read 785,060 times
Quote:
When the Bills owner dies Im sure they will move to Canada. The owners family does not want the team, and there are no plans (at the moment) to keep the team in the "Ruff Buff". I have heard Canadian rumors floating around....gross....The Toronto Bills. Incase you havent heard the Spurs are four time world champions.....didnt the Bill loose four championships. We dont want that bad mojo over here, keep them away.....I didnt even want them to play the Saints here (lol). Im all for the Cow Skulls, I cant believe I forgot about that. Here are a few more the mayor and I were tossing around.

San Antonio Bullies

San Antonio Papas

San Antonio Chinese Candies

San Antonio Locos

Old 07-26-2007, 02:26 PM

17 posts, read 70,379 times
S.A. almost had the marlins (MLB) moving here last summer and I know this because my best friends dad was in the deal to buy half of them. The only reason they didn't move here is because they didn't feel we had the infrastructure and they didn't think we could create the fan base needed to continuall support a major league baseball team... ANYTHING else would be awesome here!!!

At least we are trying though right!!!??

Old 08-23-2007, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 4,001 times
Default Team Name

Ever since I moved down here to SA I've been wondering why the hell we don't have a team yet!!! This city is ready and I think we can be some of the top fans in the league!!

As for a team name what about the San Antonio Spartans? I know it doesnt have much to do with the area but think about teams like the Minnisota Vikings, tennessee titans, or San Diego Chargers. I think it has a good ring to it and that's key in my mind.

I was messing with a uniform maker and though black red and tan as an accent color on the uniform would be a good combo. We could use the tan on the sleeves, color, or even on the helment ( black and tan ) or maybe as the main color with the other colors accenting it. I've been playing football pretty much all my life and I think we'll get our team sooner or later considering we're the 2nd fastest growing city in america. We just gotta start voiceing this as much as possible anytime we get the chance!!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:00 PM

925 posts, read 1,227,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamestopper06 View Post

As for a team name what about the San Antonio Spartans?
Holy cow, I swear I came into this thread about to post that same name. San Antonio Spartans. It sounds so cool to me. It doesn't hurt that the movie 300 is very popular right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio