Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:54 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
This has to be one of the strangest and uininformed posts I have EVER read at City-Data. You honestly don't believe this do you? Especially when alcohol kills over 100K people a year, while marijuana hasn't directly killed anyone in thousands of years (not one documented case). Hell, even caffeine and aspirin kills thousands a year directly, and those two are legal. Drugs are not criminal issues, but health issues. Stop treating people that use those illegal drugs as criminals. America isn't the only country in the world though.

I mean, GOD created marijuana, for example. It's in the Bible plenty of times. God didn't create aspirin, and other synthetic drugs made in factories and labs. Those pills with all those bad side effects (listen to those commercials at the end when they list all of the bad side effects really fast at the end). There is a reason why state after state are passing medical marijuana laws.

Oh, and check this out: Weed, Booze, Cocaine and Other Old School "Medicine" Ads

Please inform yourself.

As far as the OP telling the cops about it, I mean, the kid is probably just selling weed and if they live at home with their parents (since he has to go to the park), he obviously doesn't want to get caught. I don't know why people tell on weed dealers. If you want him gone, then vote to legalize marijuana. You are NEVER going to do away with it, as long as it remains illegal. But, you'll send the kid into a world of hurt if you turn him in. Let me ask you something, is he a bad neighbor? Does he cause trouble? Act up? If not, what's the big deal? He's selling weed to his little high school buddies and that's it.

And I laugh at the people commending the OP for this one. Good job, I guess, but there are probably other drug dealers near you, you just don't know it (and they aren't teens so they can do it from their home). You are NEVER going to stop the Black market, no matter how many times you call SA PD. Only way to stop it is to end the War on Drugs. Think about it. This kid would never be selling from a playground (which I think is dumb actually), if it were legal. In fact, he wouldn't even be of age to buy it if it were legal (it's most likely be 21, though could be 18). Instead, the people buying would go to a well lit store and away from shady drug dealers. Wouldn't you want that?

Oh, and anyone, please watch this (video is in four parts and it's a guy you SAHM probably always watch...Dr. Oz, another Oprah spawn):

Vote for the dumbest post of the year! Please enlighten us as to the Bible verses on pot. Would LOVE to read those.

And yeah...you're sentencing the kid to a world of hurt if he gets in trouble. Good. There were millions of kids that go through high school not dealing drugs. They know it's wrong and it's better to catch him now and let him deal with the problems as a minor than continue on his path.

I'd be willing to bet that there aren't too many folks that dealt drugs that look back and don't regret it.

What a pathetic post this was. Words of a true pothead.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
When there's something illegal in our neighborhoods, we have a responsibility to our families and those around us to take care of it. If some pathetic low life is dealing drugs, he deserves to be turned in.

You say that you're not "condoning" anything, but that's a lie. If you sit idly by and let this happen, you're condoning it. When there's drug activity in your neighborhood, it can always lead to violence.

I would like to think that if something illegal were going on near your home, you'd put a stop to it. It's got nothing to do with being a "busy body". It's got to be with being a good citizen.
Is there alcohol activity also? How many times have we heard of drunk driving, or a man coming home and beating his wife and/or children while drunk? I've never heard of a high dad coming home and beating his wife and/or kids. Yet, we condone alcohol drinking, because it is "legal", yet alcohol is one of (if not THE) most dangerous drug out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
I've watched plenty of my son's friend's lives and careers ruined by weed smoking. They drop out of the mainstream of achievers become sort of counter-culture dropouts and lose motivation. It was a pity to watch as the parents
sat by helplessly and saw their childern change before their eyes into something
they never expected. Behavior patterns, dress and outlook , moral standards
and judgement become clouded, I have witnessed it.
Live your life as you please but keep children out of the druggie scene,
soon they may sell to his kid. Children need to be looked out for as they lack the wisdom of experience to guide them.
Yeah, and if it wasn't weed, it would have been something else for those people. I know plenty of people that live productive lives and still smoke weed. Just like people can live productive lives and drink alcohol. To blame weed, and weed alone for all those problems is just plain naive. Like I said earlier, people can drink and live productive lives, why can't they smoke weed and live productive lives? And in fact, you don't even have to smoke weed. You can vaporize it (which does nothing to your lungs), or simple use edibles.

Quote:
Vote for the dumbest post of the year! Please enlighten us as to the Bible verses on pot. Would LOVE to read those.

And yeah...you're sentencing the kid to a world of hurt if he gets in trouble. Good. There were millions of kids that go through high school not dealing drugs. They know it's wrong and it's better to catch him now and let him deal with the problems as a minor than continue on his path.

I'd be willing to bet that there aren't too many folks that dealt drugs that look back and don't regret it.

What a pathetic post this was. Words of a true pothead.
You want some Bible verses? I got you:

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. -- Ezekiel 34:29

"The Lord said unto me, 'I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs.' " -- Isaiah 18:4-5

"In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. " (Revelation 22:2, NKJV)

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs." (Genesis 9:3, NKJV).

LMAO, you didn't even try to look them up first before challenging me. And those are just a couple I found quickly. Do explain why my post was so "pathetic". You don't think alcohol kills over 100K a year, yet it is legal, while marijuana hasn't killed a single soul in thousands (show me one documented case). If someone pops five pills, that will be the end of them. If someone smokes five joints, they are passed out on their coach with a half empty pizza box on the table.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 AM

475 posts, read 1,093,957 times
Live and let live is fine and it is okay if you want to do something privately in your home so long as it isn't a safety issue or an illegal business -- e.g. meth lab. However, if you are doing it in public, particularly in a park with other children around, then it can and does affect the community, and this goes for even legal activities.

As a society, we choose to put curbs on certain behaviors, or as I see it... require some responsibility and accountability if you choose to engage in certain freedoms. You can drink, but don't drive. You can smoke, but since the smoke can be unhealthy to those around you, you go outside. You can say what you want, but if you scream Fire in a movie theater... etc.

This kid may or may not be doing anything wrong, but if he is, since he is not doing it at home, I wonder if his parents even know. As a neighbor, perhaps you can help his parents understand what is going on without implying anything negative -- e.g. "When I take Sally to the park, I always see Jack there with his friend, you know the one with the really nice car.." Plant a seed so they investigate it as parents and nip it in the bud if there is something going on. Of course, if they are aware of it and looking the other way.. well than perhaps SAPD can help.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:25 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,426,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post

You want some Bible verses? I got you:

And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, neither bear the shame of the heathen any more. -- Ezekiel 34:29

"The Lord said unto me, 'I will take my rest and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs.' " -- Isaiah 18:4-5

"In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. " (Revelation 22:2, NKJV)

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs." (Genesis 9:3, NKJV).

LMAO, you didn't even try to look them up first before challenging me. And those are just a couple I found quickly. Do explain why my post was so "pathetic". You don't think alcohol kills over 100K a year, yet it is legal, while marijuana hasn't killed a single soul in thousands (show me one documented case). If someone pops five pills, that will be the end of them. If someone smokes five joints, they are passed out on their coach with a half empty pizza box on the table.
Nice try. The Ezekiel verse speaks of the Lord blessing the harvest of folks. Not the weed. The harvest.

Isiah ALOS speaks of the morning dew forming on the HARVEST. Not the weed.

The Genesis verse calls it "grains and vegetables". Not weed.

You see the word "herb" in thing and the first thing a pothead thinks is weed. Is rosemary not a herb? Thyme? There are MILLIONS of herbs. Herb is modern day slang for weed. Nothing more.

Don't try to get smart and quote Bible verses to me, when you obviously have no knowledge of it. You can go to any pothead website to cut and paste things, but that doesn't make you know what you're talking about.

The OP has the right and the obligation to report illegal activity that could be dangerous to their neighborhood and family. Be it drug dealing, drunk drivers, or a man beating his family because he's drunk.

Grow up.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Nice try. The Ezekiel verse speaks of the Lord blessing the harvest of folks. Not the weed. The harvest.

Isiah ALOS speaks of the morning dew forming on the HARVEST. Not the weed.

The Genesis verse calls it "grains and vegetables". Not weed.

You see the word "herb" in thing and the first thing a pothead thinks is weed. Is rosemary not a herb? Thyme? There are MILLIONS of herbs. Herb is modern day slang for weed. Nothing more.

Don't try to get smart and quote Bible verses to me, when you obviously have no knowledge of it. You can go to any pothead website to cut and paste things, but that doesn't make you know what you're talking about.
LOL, if you want to try and spin it your way, that is fine. Herbs can mean anything, but it's pretty telling when it says "healings for nations" (aka, medical marijuana). George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and Abe Lincoln would are all rolling in their graves right now. All used cannabis/hemp (Franklin has his own hemp farm). I like how the use of hemp in America was taken out of our history books. Still doesn't change the fact that marijuana is a completely natural substance created by God, yet we want to only trust man-made drugs like Xanax and Oxycottin.

Quote:
The OP has the right and the obligation to report illegal activity that could be dangerous to their neighborhood and family. Be it drug dealing, drunk drivers, or a man beating his family because he's drunk.
Yeah, he does, and that is his right. But, it'll just create more issues later on. He isn't stopping anything, except maybe giving the kid a record (should go to the parents first). Even Pat Robertson thinks marijuana should be legal. Pat freaking Robertson. His reason was it keeps putting our young people into jail, something the OP wants to do to the teenager in his neighborhood.

Quote:
Grow up.
I like how the Bible verses are the only thing you're challenging me on. What about the other stuff in my post?

Old 04-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
Doesn't appear that we can discuss this here and stay on topic for the forum. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio