Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 06:59 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,553,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
My fave thing at green is the veggie burger. Its awesome.
Hmmmmm..... my favorite at Green is the Sesame Chickin.

Oh! And the buffalo tofu fingers!!

Oh!!! And the Zucchini Enchiladas!!!

OH!! And the Reuben and Mike sandwiches!!

OH!!!! And the blueberry pancakes and the tofu scrambler at breakfast!!!

OHHH!!!!! And did I mention the sweet potato fries, the chocolate cake, and the hibiscus tea??????

OH! And the .......... and the.......... and the............ and the...........

Can you tell I LOVE this place?!! Can't wait for my daughter's and my next weekly "downtown adventure"!!!!

Last edited by jules07; 04-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: 'spellin'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRose View Post
Another good place to try though is Texas Farm to Table at Pearl Brewery.
Ooops, forgot!! Yep, Farm to Table is really yummy!! They have (had???) a Carrot Rosemary soup that is divine!! Ya just gotta call ahead, as they run out of ingredients sometimes. But the food is great, very inventive!!!

Last edited by jules07; 04-14-2008 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: can't spell tonight!! yeesh!!

Old 04-14-2008, 07:05 PM

413 posts, read 1,404,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Jason's Deli has a salad bar? I've always meant to go in there, but still haven't. That will be an incentive to go, especially when I get a salad craving
Oh ya..and it's delicious.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:08 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,314,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
Someone asked previously about Green's food, so I'm posting this week's specials to give you an idea of what they serve.

SPECIALS
Week of April 12th, 2008
  • Monday: Soup - Garbanzo bean; Entrée - Carne guisada plate; Vegetable - Pasta salad
  • Tuesday: Soup - Tortilla; Entrée - Popcorn tofu poboy; Vegetable - Greek salad
  • Wednesday: Soup - Minestrone; Entrée - Falafel burger; Vegetable - Mushroom cobbler
  • Thursday: Soup - Turkey noodle; Entrée - Turkey & dressing; Vegetable - Green beans
  • Friday: Soup - Pinto bean; Entrée - Chopped bbq; Vegetable - Green apple coleslaw
My editorial commentary: LOVE the falafel, LOVE the green apple coleslaw. Since I'm not a fan of faux meat (making soy/wheat into something that approximates meat), I would rather just have the actual vegetables as they are... LOTS of options at Green.
Thanks Celeste for responding to my post. I headed down there on Sat to find that it is closed on Sat but at least now I have a better idea of what to order when I do go. Thanks again! I am less than three miles from there too! I might become a regular. It sounds great... can't wait.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:50 PM

791 posts, read 3,959,211 times
Yes, that's one unique thing about Green... the Behrend family is 7th Day Adventist, and Saturday is their sabbath... so Green is closed on Saturday and open on Sunday. The rest of the week they're open from 8a-9p, except they close early at 7p on Fridays. Kinda nice to have options when so many other places in town are closed on Sunday.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovevintage View Post
We went to this Lebanese restaurant yesterday called Aladdin's Eatery on 1604 close to Stone Oak in a strip called La Arcata. It is so flavorful!! The menu has a HUGE selection of healthy and vegetarian choices. I tried the vegetarian sampler. It was delicious! Try the Falaffels...they are amazing. And the great thing is that it is inexpensive. The pitas are between 5 and 6 dollars. Aladdins Eatery
We went to Aladdin's tonight and had a great meal! We'll definitely go back. I think this is going to be one of our family's top 10 favorite restaurants in town.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,679 times
Ohhhhhh.....I LOVE Falafels! I've been meaning to ask where I could find some in this city!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:52 PM

1,241 posts, read 4,333,578 times
"The Koffee Kup" on Donaldson is good!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:02 PM

OH! You guys just HAD to revive this thread, huh?!! So, daughter and I went there this Wednesday, and had the new (to us) stir fry sesame tofu. OMFreakinGOSH!!!!! Y~UUUUUUUM!!!!!! 2 sides?! You're kiddin' me? TWO?!! Well, then, of course ~ sweet potato fries and veggie of the day! Yikes! So much food!!! I brought home over half of my stir fry, along with most of the fries. We tried to finish off most of dd's fruit (gorgeous fruit!). Brought home plenty for lunch the next day. (And I almost couldn't order anything from Bubblehead, which my dd insisted upon visiting ~ but alas - the Rose drink with basil tapioca was far too tempting and oh so refreshing!)

And bought the cute "Green" mini pins to put everywhere!!

(Edit - oops! And by "there", I mean Green! hee hee!)

Old 05-17-2008, 04:09 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
OH! You guys just HAD to revive this thread, huh?!! So, daughter and I went there this Wednesday, and had the new (to us) stir fry sesame tofu. OMFreakinGOSH!!!!! Y~UUUUUUUM!!!!!! 2 sides?! You're kiddin' me? TWO?!! Well, then, of course ~ sweet potato fries and veggie of the day! Yikes! So much food!!! I brought home over half of my stir fry, along with most of the fries. We tried to finish off most of dd's fruit (gorgeous fruit!). Brought home plenty for lunch the next day. (And I almost couldn't order anything from Bubblehead, which my dd insisted upon visiting ~ but alas - the Rose drink with basil tapioca was far too tempting and oh so refreshing!)

And bought the cute "Green" mini pins to put everywhere!!

(Edit - oops! And by "there", I mean Green! hee hee!)

That settles it.....! Let's do a Meet and Greet at "Green"! Who's interested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio