Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 PM

615 posts, read 1,523,848 times

Advertisements

So, since we moved here in April I've noticed that one of our neighborhood kids who's in his mid to late teens walks down the street to our park, sits in the top of the slide "thing" and waits for his friend to show up. His friend parks his car, goes into the playscape with him and then leaves about 5 minutes later.

I thought this was quite suspect after seeing it on an almost daily basis.

So, I decided to take my daughter down to the park one evening, not knowing the kid was down there, and low and behold, he's in the playscape, waiting. He's giving me odd looks and is starting to get agitated. After about 5 minutes he jumps down and walks back to his house up our street. His "friend" shows up, parks his car next to the park and waits. My daughter and I decided to walk around the neighborhood, the whole time his friend is waiting in the car. Eventually the friend gets tired of waiting and leaves our subdivision.

I guess I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't in our park and if the amount of traffic wasn't increasing... but it is. Now we're getting even more unsavory characters showing up, parking their cars, and waiting or even walking up the street to their house, subsequently leaving minutes later.

I don't want to profile, but to be honest, I've never seen one of them dressed for a professional job and they all have nice vehicles "tricked out".

Normally, if this was a more serious matter, I would just route it through the Fed level, as some have suggested in my office, but I'm not sure how to approach it with SAPD as it's not really a federal issue.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks

Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,998,471 times
Call the SAFFE unit unit at your local substation, they have a "Problem-Oriented Policing" program to identify and find the causes for neighborhood crime problems, then develop responses to the problems based on the problems' causes.

SAFFE officers only work these proactive approaches to preventing crime, they do not respond to the usual calls. They should be able to help.

Good luck! M2

Old 03-30-2011, 07:40 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,431,637 times
There's nothing wrong with profiling like that. It's weird behavior and that's exactly what he's doing. I'd take MMM's advice and get the police involved. We need to stand up in our communities and not take this garbage.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,806 times
The 2 characters that are meeting at the park are conducting some type of activity that you don't know about,..if that happened in my neighborhood,..I would call the non emergency police department in my area and tell them what I observed,..who knows,...maybe it might strike some interest to them. They'll figure if it's at the Federal level.

Last edited by Pachuco2; 03-30-2011 at 10:31 PM..

Old 03-31-2011, 02:24 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,864,882 times
We don't need any miserable little scum bag druggies in SA! We have enough problems with drunk drivers. The underground scum factor of those doing illicit drugs is certainly unwanted here! These illegal users of a mixed bag of hallucinogens are a menace to society. Unlike alcohol (where legal users have a relative ability to control effects of it by quantity consumed) unlawful users of drugs (marijuana, Cocaine, etc) can react in an extreme range of ways to it's use! It's illegal simple as that! If you want to start legalizing everything you like just because you like it......forget it! Druggies are sleazy creeps and they're breaking our laws! No excuses will do!

Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,998,471 times
The SAFFE units were specifically formed to address such an issue, please contact the SAFFE officer at your particular substation or DM me and I will help get you in touch with the officer that spoke at the CPA a few weeks back.

I can assure you they will deal with the problem!

Cheers! M2

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

28 posts, read 80,503 times
Call the cops. If they are there every day its not pot, more likely meth from a small cookery.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,126,094 times
Some posts above were deleted. Since we're in a LOCAL forum, let's keep the focus on suggestions that are LOCAL and helpful to the problem in the OP's neighborhood.

Whether the country should legalize certain drugs or participate in a war on drugs are controversial topics that are WAY beyond the scope of this local forum. Since they are controversial, I'm sure you can find many threads discussing them in the Politics and Other Controversies forum. That forum is where those subjects are on topic.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:39 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,393,678 times
Default Report these shady dealings,

Before something worse could happen. Darn scumbags, if it is nothing-
no harm done, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
So, since we moved here in April I've noticed that one of our neighborhood kids who's in his mid to late teens walks down the street to our park, sits in the top of the slide "thing" and waits for his friend to show up. His friend parks his car, goes into the playscape with him and then leaves about 5 minutes later.

I thought this was quite suspect after seeing it on an almost daily basis.

So, I decided to take my daughter down to the park one evening, not knowing the kid was down there, and low and behold, he's in the playscape, waiting. He's giving me odd looks and is starting to get agitated. After about 5 minutes he jumps down and walks back to his house up our street. His "friend" shows up, parks his car next to the park and waits. My daughter and I decided to walk around the neighborhood, the whole time his friend is waiting in the car. Eventually the friend gets tired of waiting and leaves our subdivision.

I guess I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't in our park and if the amount of traffic wasn't increasing... but it is. Now we're getting even more unsavory characters showing up, parking their cars, and waiting or even walking up the street to their house, subsequently leaving minutes later.

I don't want to profile, but to be honest, I've never seen one of them dressed for a professional job and they all have nice vehicles "tricked out".

Normally, if this was a more serious matter, I would just route it through the Fed level, as some have suggested in my office, but I'm not sure how to approach it with SAPD as it's not really a federal issue.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks

Old 03-31-2011, 07:37 PM

615 posts, read 1,523,848 times
Thanks for the posts guys/gals

I'll call them tomorrow while I'm at work. I didn't mean to bring a controversial topic up, but what isn't controversial these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio