Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:11 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,609,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Thanks - but no thanks! I learned a long time ago not to install what I don't sell. Last time I did I ended up in court!
or.. you could just be a nice person and come watch me do it and give me pointers

was the person who sued you a friend? thats pretty crappy either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 02:48 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,742,759 times
No, not a friend. It was a guy that wheedled me into doing it despite my better judgement. The control valve failed, the vendor said it HAD to be something *I* did wrong. Took a long day in court to show that I hadn't even messed with that part of it, and in fact, there was a manufacturing defect. Either way, I swore that I'd *never* do that again for ANYone - period. Funny part was - the only real damage was the water that leaked into the garage, and even that was nominal - about 10 gallons of water that didn't even touch anything other than the garage floor! Some folks nowadays seem to want to get rich for nothing.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
No, not a friend. It was a guy that wheedled me into doing it despite my better judgement. The control valve failed, the vendor said it HAD to be something *I* did wrong. Took a long day in court to show that I hadn't even messed with that part of it, and in fact, there was a manufacturing defect. Either way, I swore that I'd *never* do that again for ANYone - period. Funny part was - the only real damage was the water that leaked into the garage, and even that was nominal - about 10 gallons of water that didn't even touch anything other than the garage floor! Some folks nowadays seem to want to get rich for nothing.
that has to be the most retarded thing ive heard in a while! dude was complaining about 10 gallons of water touching cement???

how does 10 gallons of water touching cement cause any damage, even nominal damage?

indeed, sounds like a sue-happy retard that america is unfortunately becoming known for. oh i tripped outside your house? thats a sue-ing! banged my elbow against your poorly constructed table? thats a sue-ing!

frivolous lawsuits in this country are pretty stupid IMO.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:33 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,742,759 times
Yeah - but unfortunately it's part of life for some. The really sad part is that it turns guys like me - that HAD been known for "swinging by" and giving someone free advice, or even a little help - into folks that just won't do it any more.

That's what I like about here, though - at least it lets me help folks where I can, without the liability concerns.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Yeah - but unfortunately it's part of life for some. The really sad part is that it turns guys like me - that HAD been known for "swinging by" and giving someone free advice, or even a little help - into folks that just won't do it any more.

That's what I like about here, though - at least it lets me help folks where I can, without the liability concerns.
thankfully, the business i run, what i fix/repair/build.. it would be pretty damn hard for someone to sue me over it.

theft would be the only thing, and im no thief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio