Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:45 PM

151 posts, read 193,868 times

Advertisements

If she was Hispanic, the judge wouldn't had set bond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 08:55 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,726,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
that contributed absolutely nothing to anything. It's ok to just not say anything and move along next time...
Actually it was a shortened way to say "Really? You have nothing better to do with your day than harass some old dude doing his job and hold me up from getting out of the store so YOU can make a point?"

Next time I'll get your permission before I post. Wouldnt want to waste anyone's time reading something that contributes nothing.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garcia View Post
If she was Hispanic, the judge wouldn't had set bond.
don't play the race card. regardless of what race this person is she does not deserve bond.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:17 PM

And if she was a HE, he definitely wouldn't had been granted bond.

Same for Debra Lafave, if she wasn't steamy hott and was a male, she'll still be in jail.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
oh I hate that too! Not because of the whole private property issue, but because Walmart is basically accusing me of being a thief before I've even done anything.
Trust, but verify.

I don't see what the issue is, they do that to every cart at Sam's and Costco and I've never head anyone complain about that.

I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to shop there if they don't like it.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:07 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
Trust, but verify.

I don't see what the issue is, they do that to every cart at Sam's and Costco and I've never head anyone complain about that.

I mean, nobody is forcing anyone to shop there if they don't like it.
Trust me, I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs....

Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
oh I hate that too! Not because of the whole private property issue, but because Walmart is basically accusing me of being a thief before I've even done anything.
Well technically you have done something, you made their day by purchasing an item that isn’t baggable; which means they’ll have to check your receipt.

Quote:
Trust me, I try to avoid Wal-Mart at all costs....
Well good for you, because if people like you did shop at Wal-Mart and got their way (by not allowing the innocent guy or lady check your receipt) if sure prices would double or triple.

I’m sure they really miss your $$$.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:25 AM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
This is not a race or gender issue at all. Anybody who tries to hijack a car twice at gunpoint should not be out on bond. She obviously didn't learn her lesson the 1st time cause there was 2nd time. So messed up that woman didn't deserve a bond.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garcia View Post
Well technically you have done something, you made their day by purchasing an item that isn’t baggable; which means they’ll have to check your receipt.

Well good for you, because if people like you did shop at Wal-Mart and got their way (by not allowing the innocent guy or lady check your receipt) if sure prices would double or triple.

I’m sure they really miss your $$$.
really?? A discussion about WalMart is going to ruffle your feathers this much?. Well happy easter to you to Mr. Grumpy pants.

And they peek at my receipt whether the items are baggable or not. (Just to keep those flames a burning...) Hee hee

Old 04-24-2011, 07:38 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
So everyone is a bit in arms that this lady isn't in jail. But here's my question. Overcrowding in jails in an issue. It always has been. Just for example, celebrities get sentenced to 120 days in jail and serve 48 hours for DWIs.

I'm not saying we can point directly to this one crime directly, but just for effect (and i don't know the criminal system so pardon my ignorance). Both crimes she has committed appear to be relatively minor. She was released because she was not seen as a harm to society. Her bond was not 1 million-100 million etc like murderer or a child abuse case would be. Now, say she was placed in jail at the same time a murder was being booked..but she took the spot and then this murderer went out and killed someone the same day...and the jail comes back and pleads overcrowding what are you going to say? Release the less offensive criminals. The city was just doing what they were supposed to do. Take care of the most dangerous criminals.

Was what she did wrong? Yes. Should she go to jail for the crime? Yes. But is this a big deal? No. It's a product of the society we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio