Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: heb or walmart which one is cheaper
heb 84 80.77%
walmart 22 21.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 05:00 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times

Advertisements

Surely,I won't shop at a filthy grocery store either cinconcepts. I have heard of tales from an insider about the sanitary conditions of the deli kitchen, in some grocery stores which are as dirty as the store front itself behind the closed doors behind the deli.
"The people working in the deli just don't care " was the commentary I heard from a 45 year retired veteran of a big grocery chain. So.
I don't consider the price either when grocery shopping. When my children were small I used to keep a Costco card, I don't need to buy in bulk any more so I don't keep a membership, even if it might be cheaper
over the long run. I just don't need that much food.

I stopped for a Breakfast Taco at the McDonald's drive through and I asked the cashier if those were real eggs used in the Breakfast Tacos.
" Well, I don't know , we get the filling already prepared off a truck ". I haven't had one since.

When Albertson's Grocery Chain was still in town back in the eighties I thought their prices a bit more expensive.
The vote is now 65-15 in favor of HEB. Walmart can survive anywhere, even against HEB. However
Walmart's short venture called Sams Club was short lived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I didn't vote, cause poll is about which is cheaper, not where you prefer to shop. I honestly don't know which is cheaper and price isn't what drives me to shop at my place of choice . It's about , the have what I want and the place is stocked,clean and if I need help , you can find courteous folks willing to help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 05:24 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,357 times
Shop for my food at Heb and toilettries paper products house hold cleaners etc from WM.

What I cant stand are the idiot shoppers who stand right in the middle of the aisle drooling on themselves like they never seen so much food or supplies in their life! Step aside so others can get by its like im stuck in traffic cuz some tard dont know their way around the highway or city.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:48 AM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
"Tard?"
You are way, way, more inconsiderate and vastly more rude in the use of these words than the merely slightly inconsiderate people in the grocery aisles . You've inserted yourself beneath all these folk. Tards.

You are jeering a portion of the population - disabled people, for having a disability that is out of their control, how could anyone hold you up and waste your time- Homeboy? You must make fun of disabled people to get your personal social revenge. Low on the social totem pole, it is not even beneath you to jeer at these unfortunate souls.
You've some issues going on up there, I can tell through your writing.

I feel you've chosen an appropriate screen name for yourself, by the way. Do you suffer road rage too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX

Homeboy;44945767
Shop for my food at Heb and toilettries paper products house hold cleaners etc from WM.

What I cant stand are the idiot shoppers who stand right in the middle of the aisle drooling on themselves like they never seen so much food or supplies in their life! Step aside so others can get by its like im stuck in traffic cuz some tard dont know their way around the highway or city.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,803 times
Smile HEB vs Walmart. Its a No Brainer

Having worked Supermarket Refrigeration across the Country and being the shopper and chef of the family I believe I have valuable experience in this area. HEB hands down is the place to shop in Texas. Even thought you may find HEB lacks certain brands or products you prefer, You will find overall the retailer significantly superior. Always keep the local guy in business when he is as premiere of a retailer as HEB.FIRST OF ALL about your local Walmart- They pack many of their meats with a nitrogen, Co2 mixture . This method of preservation will increase shelf life from 3 up to 10 days. It gives the meat that fake red color. You may find when cooking choice meats that they smell "off" and take forever to completely cook. Its because of the packaging ( Preservation ). HEB meats are minimally processed,have a standard 3 day shelf life and taste and cook like the real deal. They offer value cuts of meat and primecuts at most locations. HEB offers other brands along with there brand and doesn't squeeze shelf space down on brands competing with there brand like Walmart does. I have found Walmart produce to be inferior in quality compared to HEB also. Obviously HEB has done their homework to find quality produce at great prices. Walmart does not appear to put much thought or care into its produce department, Just like the rest of the store, Unless they fortunately happen to have a caring dept manager......Just watch the difference in employees between the two retailers and you will shop HEB for that reason alone. Most Walmart employees hate their jobs. Folks who like there jobs ( HEB) are generally good at what they do. That choice of employees goes avery longway. HEB seems to maintain their equipment equally as goods as the Walmart giant. I love shopping HEB

Old 06-26-2018, 08:44 AM

1,037 posts, read 876,275 times
Is this a joke? Have you seen what shops at WM?

Old 06-26-2018, 10:42 AM

779 posts, read 1,660,770 times
It is a joke. Nearly a two year old post joke...

Old 06-26-2018, 11:00 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
HEB is probably the best grocery store chain in the country, considering prices, customer service, friendly and knowledgeable employees, variety of foods that reflects the demographics of the neighborhood the store is in, freshness of meat and produce, cleanliness, even their house brand Hill Country Fair, foods are good.

I'll take HEB over Randall's, Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Safeway, Kroger, Jewell, Winn-Dixie, Ralph's, Food Lion, and any other chain grocery store you can think of, any day.

Wal-Mart and Target in the grocery business is the same as when K-Mart grocery stores back in the 60's and 70's. They are not even in the same category as the others. They are different types of grocery stores.

Old 06-26-2018, 11:03 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,410,244 times
Two years or twenty, the WM joke is still current.

Spent 8 hours in Hobby airport yesterday. Could have a followup, "Te Customers of Southwest".

(Reason for being there 8 hours is another topic totally.)

Old 06-26-2018, 04:40 PM

1,647 posts, read 2,063,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
HEB is probably the best grocery store chain in the country, considering prices, customer service, friendly and knowledgeable employees, variety of foods that reflects the demographics of the neighborhood the store is in, freshness of meat and produce, cleanliness, even their house brand Hill Country Fair, foods are good.

I'll take HEB over Randall's, Tom Thumb, Albertson's, Safeway, Kroger, Jewell, Winn-Dixie, Ralph's, Food Lion, and any other chain grocery store you can think of, any day.

Wal-Mart and Target in the grocery business is the same as when K-Mart grocery stores back in the 60's and 70's. They are not even in the same category as the others. They are different types of grocery stores.

I'll take Wegman's and Publix over HEB anyday.

Old 06-26-2018, 04:51 PM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Really? Why? I, as someone from Michigan who never shopped Wegman's or Publix, and when moved to Texas, shop HEB pretty much exclusively (it helps that the only competition is from Walmart and Target) would like to know how the 2 you mention are superior to HEB? In Michigan I did shop at Kroger, and liked that supermarket alot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio