Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:55 PM

23 posts, read 95,208 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I was wondering about doctors in the area and if anyone has any reccomendations. I will need a General Practioner(or Nurse Practioner), a neurologist(migraines), a pediatrician, and a dentist. I know that is a lot to ask but if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 04:09 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
Don't know what area you are wanting but here are my choices---For a GP I love Dr. Sam Munro great dr he is a D.O so he can do about everything to ya! For the brain I go to David Dean,for a pedi I love Dr. Bruce LAntry for my boys no waiting and fter several different drs he was the best! and we got to Dr. Frank Sammis for adult teeth in Alamo Heights and Dr. Bob James for the kids.

Gl

Old 08-28-2006, 04:15 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times
For eyes, Dr. Tomy Starck is top notch.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:25 PM

23 posts, read 95,208 times
Thanks so much! I totally forgot about my eye doctor. LOL Thanks for the referral on the kids dentist. Our current dentist sees the whole family but is not the greatest for kids. His staff is wonderful but his chair-side manner leaves much to be desired(by me anyway).

Old 08-28-2006, 05:38 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
Dr Bob as he is known is a great dentist,dresses up for the kids has massages for the parents in the office lots of toys and video games around also. If your kids need an eye dr Dr. Charles Mc Cash is really good with kids also

Old 08-31-2006, 12:06 AM

266 posts, read 706,562 times
Morgan, Sybil Roberts, MD. 8038 Wurzbach Road, Suite 280 Physicians Plaza

she is a great gp. an older lady that reminds me of a nun at a private school, but she never over books, and will spent lots of time talking with you!

sorry i don’t know any others, thankfully i don’t get sick often! lol.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:43 AM

8 posts, read 19,061 times
Sorry. But if it werent for the past few months I would totally be onboard saying he's a great doctor. But recently we had to switch doctors because he never had any vaccines. I had been waiting since August for my daughter vaccines. In Oct , I was gonna take my 12month old son and again they did not have any. Googling his name I found other folks who had been waiting since June. Then I found out my 12mnt old hadnt even gotten his 3 doses of PCV vaccine. An infant should have atleast 4 doses by age of 15 months. My daughter who is 4 only had 1 dose. You can imagine the feeling when our new doctor review the vaccine records. If you go to him, please review your shot records.

Also, my sister was also taking her daughter there. In July, she took her 12yr old there. He approached both of them (12yr in the room) about allowing my Sister to allow her daughter to have safe sex in her own home. Because if its gonna happen its in a safe and controlled environment. Can you believe this guy. Perhaps without the 12yr old in the room maybe the conversation could have been entertained, but comon...there are other factors like age, religion, etc.

I would stay away. Oh by the way I have posted multiple times to YAHOO and he must be complaining because he only has positive reviews, where he used have mine, my sisters, and 2 other Parents. I guess Yahoo only allows positive review. Let see how long this review stays up.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:13 AM

12 posts, read 49,468 times
I am somewhat new here to San Antonio too and I have only a couple of doctors here to share with you.
Dentist:

Carillon Hills Dental Associates
5837 Babcock Road
San Antonio, TX 78240
(210) 696-1220
I've seen Dr. Moore here and he's one of the nicest dentist I have met and his staff is awesome. I have also been seen by his associates and they have been just as nice and painless (except for the bill .. lol) as Dr. Moore!

Family Doctor:
Dr.
Kaparaboyna Ashok Kumar
4647 Medical Drive
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 592-0150

He is also a professor over at UTSA and throughout my life I have had many physicians that have taught at Medical schools and they have all been top notch and he is no different. Very attentive, listens to your problems and concerns and you don't feel like you are cattle, just being processed so he can move onto the next patient.

I know you didn't ask for Rheumatologist but anyone else that might be reading this thread and looking for one.

Dr. Everett Allen
19272 Stone Oak Pkwy Ste 101
San Antonio, TX 78258
Phone: (210) 265-8851

I have had Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 5 years old, so 29 years of the disease and I have seen more than my fair share of Rheumatologist and Dr. Allen is top notch, it kind of helps that he did his training back at my home state under one of my Rheumatologist is who is one of the top doctors in his field in the nation and travels abroad to speak on this disease as well.

So there are my 2 cents and then some... Hope this helps someone! :-D

Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 PM

330 posts, read 1,372,937 times
Warning: First paragraph is a sick description of my symptoms, which you can skip.

I've been sick since Saturday. It started out like a normal flu or food poisoning... nausea, puking, cold sweats, minor headache, and mild stomach discomfort. But Tuesday night I woke up three times to go do the #2, and I went another 10 times on Wednesday (not an exaggeration). It's accompanied by very extreme stomach pain, although at work I could clench my fists, contort my face, and not make much noise. I left early of course. At home I'm pretty much shouting from the pain. So tonight, I'm finally pooping blood. Probably natural after going so much in one day, I must be tearing some in there.

I've never gone to the doctor on my own, since I'm one of those "I'll be better in a few days anyway" people. This one seems serious though. So my question is, what should I do? Is this something I should go to the emergency room for? The pain is intermittent... for example, right now, I don't feel too bad at all. Or if I wait to go somewhere in the morning, does it matter who I pick? I was thinking I'd look up the area doctors in my Humana plan (General Practice?) and call around to see who could see me that day.

Is this how it's done? Sorry for such a dumb question, I always figured not going to the doctor would catch up with me someday.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:05 AM

12 posts, read 49,468 times
Default RE: Warning: First paragraph is a sick description of my symptoms, which you can skip.

GO TO THE ER!! No lie a couple of years ago my guy was sick with a lot of the same symptoms you write about and the family doctor said he had the flu, gave him some antibiotics and sent him home. That was on Tuesday by Friday nite they were operating on him, his appendix had ruptured and actually if it had not been for the antibiotics in his system, he would have died from the toxins poisening his system. I am not saying that this is your issue but with the bleeding and feaver... GO TO THE ER! It's better to error on the safe side...
Now... let us all know what you find out.
Bet of Health to you,

~Katchya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drzy View Post
Warning: First paragraph is a sick description of my symptoms, which you can skip.

I've been sick since Saturday. It started out like a normal flu or food poisoning... nausea, puking, cold sweats, minor headache, and mild stomach discomfort. But Tuesday night I woke up three times to go do the #2, and I went another 10 times on Wednesday (not an exaggeration). It's accompanied by very extreme stomach pain, although at work I could clench my fists, contort my face, and not make much noise. I left early of course. At home I'm pretty much shouting from the pain. So tonight, I'm finally pooping blood. Probably natural after going so much in one day, I must be tearing some in there.

I've never gone to the doctor on my own, since I'm one of those "I'll be better in a few days anyway" people. This one seems serious though. So my question is, what should I do? Is this something I should go to the emergency room for? The pain is intermittent... for example, right now, I don't feel too bad at all. Or if I wait to go somewhere in the morning, does it matter who I pick? I was thinking I'd look up the area doctors in my Humana plan (General Practice?) and call around to see who could see me that day.

Is this how it's done? Sorry for such a dumb question, I always figured not going to the doctor would catch up with me someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio