Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 08:50 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times

Advertisements

Here is a $3 off coupon. It probably won't work during their grand opening specials but still......

Zoomerang | Thank You (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 12:46 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
I had it last night (and today) and personally found it better tasting than when I was in Monterey. The toppings were super fresh and it didn't have that nasty grease like you normally find on domino's and pizza hut. I bought the Chicago style and the $5.99 special with an extra topping for $1 more. Chicago one was definitely the best and my wife, who's a big thin crust fan, even liked the crust. Best part is it's the meal that keeps going and going and going..

It was pretty fun watching the people make it too because they were reading the recipe cards and making perfect measurements. Much better than the slop it all together in 2.5 seconds you normally get.. There was also a bunch of corporate types in there doing the greeting thing and asking for opinions. That was a nice touch and hopefully they prosper. They'll definitely be getting more business from me, but I need to stay out of Don and Ben's next door.. every time I go in there I find another bottle I want to add to my collection.. yesterday cost me over $40 for a 1 liter bottle of Bong Vodka, which is by far the best looking bottle I've ever seen in my life..

Old 08-03-2007, 12:51 PM

226 posts, read 865,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I had it last night (and today) and personally found it better tasting than when I was in Monterey. The toppings were super fresh and it didn't have that nasty grease like you normally find on domino's and pizza hut. I bought the Chicago style and the $5.99 special with an extra topping for $1 more. Chicago one was definitely the best and my wife, who's a big thin crust fan, even liked the crust. Best part is it's the meal that keeps going and going and going..

It was pretty fun watching the people make it too because they were reading the recipe cards and making perfect measurements. Much better than the slop it all together in 2.5 seconds you normally get.. There was also a bunch of corporate types in there doing the greeting thing and asking for opinions. That was a nice touch and hopefully they prosper. They'll definitely be getting more business from me, but I need to stay out of Don and Ben's next door.. every time I go in there I find another bottle I want to add to my collection.. yesterday cost me over $40 for a 1 liter bottle of Bong Vodka, which is by far the best looking bottle I've ever seen in my life..
You have to go to the Costo Liquor store!!! They have some awesomely unique bottles of Vodka, Tequila and other tasty concoctions (is that how you spell it?). I just bought a bottle of 1.75 litter Vodka there for about $35.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:03 PM

yes, I hear about Costco every day at work, seems I'm the only one that doesn't have a membership
I heard they also do taste testings for liquor on the weekends. I like tequila and vodka, but will buy any bottle that's really unique looking. My next bottle is going to be Porfidio tequila and that blue cactus is hand blown inside the bottle. D & B's has it for $64 which is a pretty good price compared with everything I've seen online. I think I got a really good deal on my Bong Vodka bottle too because it was the only limited edition one they had and they sold it for the same price as a normal bottle. They have artists paintings on the backs of certain bottles and sell them as limited editions. Every bottle of it is also numbered.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM

226 posts, read 865,758 times
You want to know whats the best thing about Costco liquor store? hehe (and you're going to kick yourself for this): They don't require membership to buy there

So go out there and spend, spend, spend!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 01:39 PM

seriously? that's the first I've heard of that one.. do they still sell at the same price as they do for members? or do you pay a premium? I've heard the prices are good, but can't really see a use for the membership as I'm not the type of person that shops bulk style..
maybe I'll check them out this weekend, although my things to do list is getting pretty large

Old 08-03-2007, 01:50 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
it's a Texas state liquor law, something about requiring a membership to buy bottles of liquor, so anyone can shop at a sam's or costco's liquor section.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
Now you will have more $$ to spend on PIZZA!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:24 PM

796 posts, read 3,049,612 times
I signed up for papa murphys eclub (free coupons via email) a little while back and I just got an email for two large 1 topping pizzas for $9.99. Yum!

Old 08-05-2007, 11:03 PM
dtj

11 posts, read 70,492 times
I recently tried Papa Murphy's but can't say I was impressed. It was a average pizza nothing special, pretty bland and considering the price I don't know how its going to compete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: