Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 07:44 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
zGallerie (Austin @ Domain. Confirmed in second phase of La Cantera)
Ooh, I'm happy to hear about zGallerie. Not so much for furniture (we have all we need right now and don't have room for anything new) but for accessories/decor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,127 times
Thumbs down Ikea

Ikea. Just search the internet for customer complaints and you will find a wealth of them. Is the stuff cheap. Yes. Does it look okay. ... I guess... is is Chinese... yes.... does it last... no. Do you know if the manufacturing is safe since it is from China... no....
By from your local Danish store. At least you know most of their furniture is made in Denmark or Europe.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:31 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
I just realized that most of what we're talking about is contemporary furniture, not modern. Two very different styles.

I'm rethinking my stance on IKEA: In visiting their Round Rock location last weekend, it's clear they're coming online with a higher-quality line and some really interesting Danish-Contempo design. I noticed a MUCH better selection of rugs, with hand-tufting and a full one-on-one finish out. The price reflected the quality (about 50% more than a typical IKEA 8x10 rug), but it was well worth it.

I actually updated my home theater stack with their new line of AV furniture. It's sleek, glossy and extremely sexy for IKEA. Other than the ass-pain of putting it together, everyone who's seen it so far thinks it was bought for a whole lot more money.

Also stopped into Motif the other day: I don't know who's doing their floor merchansiding, but it's really off. It needs more diversity in color, a better selection of furniture and sales associates who aren't so hungry for a sale. I felt like I was being stalked. I ended up not making it through the whole place.

I await a place like DWR or zGallerie to open and show these guys exactly how to do business. Hopefully that's still on target to happen in early-mid 2009.

BN

Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 AM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
Z Gallerie website says May 2009 for the La Cantera location. Hope that's still accurate.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Owl

112 posts, read 556,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffy888 View Post
Z Gallerie website says May 2009 for the La Cantera location. Hope that's still accurate.
I hope it's coming here, too. Z Gallerie is one of my favorite stores. It has a great selection of furniture and all kinds of accessories.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:45 PM

4,434 posts, read 5,347,238 times
West Elm will be returning to San Antonio in a more urban setting near The Pearl.

Furniture retailer West Elm expected to return to San Antonio, eyeing location across from the Pearl - San Antonio Business Journal

Old 09-21-2015, 07:47 PM

898 posts, read 2,562,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Good news, I think that location might work better this time.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:34 PM

1,036 posts, read 875,808 times
Graystreet Partners owns a ton of vacant land along a prime area of Broadway and have for some time. I've wondered when they were going to build on it, as they've let it just sit (for years, with some lots) and it's truly ugly for an area that's doing so well otherwise.

Owning prime land is more than buying it and slapping a sign on it with your logo. I hope the growth on their land begins soon, as of now, most of it is just boarded up buildings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio