Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,023 times

Advertisements

Hello!
My husband just got a great job offer to practice dentistry in Luling for the Community Health Center. We will be moving to the area this summer and I'm curious as to what you all would recommend for a good place to live. In reading other forum threads, it appears that Luling has a "smell" that is pretty bad?? Is there a part of Luling where the aroma is not so strong?

My husband would prefer to not have a long commute to work (ie 20 min or less) and we will initially be renting. Is this a lofty goal?

Thank you for your help! I look forward to the small town life that the area has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
Hi! Since Luling is a ways from here, you might get more responses if you asked your question in the Texas forum.

Best of luck with your move

Old 05-11-2011, 01:20 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Lulling is a tiny little area, which I'm sure you're aware of. You might want to start looking there. There are other small towns near by - Lockhart, San Marcos, Seguin, Nixon and Stockdale to name a few. I'm not sure how reasonable the commutes are, though. The largest of those cities is San Marcos.

Depending on what you want to rent- size wise and money wise it might be a stretch. My family tried to find something with acreage under $1300 and over 2000 square feet in the area and was hard pressed to find anything livable that wasn't a trailer a few years ago. We finally settled on staying in San Antonio.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:26 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
I'd live IN Luling! Or Lockhart. Get yourself a nifty chunk of land and a nice house and consider yourself at home San Marcos is great, too!

Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 AM

950 posts, read 1,259,768 times
Hey, you might want to see if there is a website for Luling.I know Lockhart and Seguin have them as well as San Marcos.Some even have information on living in these Texas towns,like about schools,churches,etc.The smell people are refering to is the oil smell.Really, Luling doesn't smell that bad. You get around Darst Creek and the oil field there,now that's rather pungent at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio