Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,890,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
A police officer pulling someone over isn't necessarily saving a life. Some drivers know how to drive at ANY speed capably without running out of control and putting others in grave danger.

And some drivers can go out of control on the speed limit. Variety's the spice of life.
Seriously? It's a well documented fact that speeding is dangerous and risks the lives of everyone on the road. And there is no such thing as a "typical" traffic stop, you never know who is in the car and why they are speeding.

I guess some people think that ten minutes of their time is more important than the people who risks their lives on a daily basis to protect us! That in and by itself should be worthy of our respect, but it seems that a few put a little too much emphasis on the public servant aspect of the job. That means they serve society as a whole, not each individual citizen...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 11:22 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,890,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul56 View Post
Ya... here we go again.

Go back and re-read my post and try to understand it this time.
You're whining about ten minutes, and decided to share that story with the world on this forum. You should expect not everyone is going to side with you for such a ridiculous issue.

But I'll be sure to let all my buddies fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq know how much you were inconvenienced by the mean old police officer who was doing his job! I'm sure they'll give you about as much sympathy as I am...

Next time, if you really, really have to be somewhere; politely ask the officer if he/she can move their patrol car so you can exit. If they say they can't, sit and wait. Despite what you may think, a few minutes of your time might not a priority to them...

Old 05-12-2011, 11:28 AM

418 posts, read 781,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
You're whining about ten minutes, and decided to share that story with the world on this forum. You should expect not everyone is going to side with you for such a ridiculous issue.

But I'll be sure to let all my buddies fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq know how much you were inconvenienced by the mean old police officer who was doing his job! I'm sure they'll give you about as much sympathy as I am...

Next time, if you really, really have to be somewhere; politely ask the officer if he/she can move their patrol car so you can exit. If they say they can't, sit and wait. Despite what you may think, a few minutes of your time might not a priority to them...
Wow.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:33 AM

4,287 posts, read 7,989,170 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

Paul wasn't even trashing any officers....I'M the resident cop-basher on City-Data. Paul was just wondering why he wouldn't move.

I would say, however, that Paul didn't ask him to move and see what the cop's reaction would have been, so he doesn't really have that much right to complain. If the cop didn't move when asked, THEN Paul could complain as much as he can.

But the point here is that a cop was blocking someone when they didn't need to be blocked. It's a small point, but a point nevertheless. I know officers have paperwork to finish up and everything, but it's possible to NOT block people in bank parking lots while doing that paperwork? Eh?

Last edited by Bo; 05-12-2011 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were quoting and replying to was deleted

Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned

Paul wasn't even trashing any officers....I'M the resident cop-basher on City-Data. Paul was just wondering why he wouldn't move.

I would say, however, that Paul didn't ask him to move and see what the cop's reaction would have been, so he doesn't really have that much right to complain. If the cop didn't move when asked, THEN Paul could complain as much as he can.

But the point here is that a cop was blocking someone when they didn't need to be blocked. It's a small point, but a point nevertheless. I know officers have paperwork to finish up and everything, but it's possible to NOT block people in bank parking lots while doing that paperwork? Eh?
I thought I was?

it's just common courtesy. You see that you're blocking something and you get out of the way. Most of us get it, but those holier than thou types don't want anything to get in the way of their power.
I am above the law!! - Cartman

Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM

894 posts, read 1,534,794 times
Oh for the days of Dragnet and Adam-12.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:15 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,014,795 times
One Adam 12, One Adam 12, this is the HotRodMan just wondering why the OP didn't just let the officer know he was blocked in if he was in such a hurry and needed to go somewhere. Over.....

Old 05-12-2011, 08:19 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,253,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
One Adam 12, One Adam 12, this is the HotRodMan just wondering why the OP didn't just let the officer know he was blocked in if he was in such a hurry and needed to go somewhere. Over.....
Riiiiiiiiiiight ..... because that would totally go over well.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,014,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
Riiiiiiiiiiight ..... because that would totally go over well.
You don't know if you don't try. They're human beings, too.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:59 PM

254 posts, read 545,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
You don't know if you don't try. They're human beings, too.
They are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio