Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:54 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,624,035 times

Advertisements

so, who wants to start a recall petition for the retards that suggested this asinine project?

id gladly sign off on it!

Old 05-21-2011, 08:19 AM

2,382 posts, read 3,501,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
so, who wants to start a recall petition for the retards that suggested this asinine project?

id gladly sign off on it!

Any council member that voted for this should be booted from office. Wasted taxpayer money for an act like this only shows where their priorities are...and that is for certain special interest groups, NOT for the good of San Antonio and it's people.
Someone please explain to me how changing the name of one of our oldest streets to to the tune of 100k (no doubt a lowball figure), is good for San Antonio?

Certainly makes one wonder about what other dumbass decisions these "city leaders" make on our behalf.

Where do I sign?

Old 05-21-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Any council member that voted for this should be booted from office. Wasted taxpayer money for an act like this only shows where their priorities are...and that is for certain special interest groups, NOT for the good of San Antonio and it's people.
Someone please explain to me how changing the name of one of our oldest streets to to the tune of 100k (no doubt a lowball figure), is good for San Antonio?

Certainly makes one wonder about what other dumbass decisions these "city leaders" make on our behalf.

Where do I sign?
100k IS lowballing it because theyre not taking into account all the businesses and people who will be affected by the name change.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:34 AM

314 posts, read 832,486 times
With only a 7% turn out for elections last week you told them that they could do what they want...

Old 05-21-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFMike View Post
With only a 7% turn out for elections last week you told them that they could do what they want...
no, i didnt.

Old 05-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
Won't solve anything. The main proponent (Philip Cortez) and 3 others who voted for it are term-limited out. That's more than half of the 7 votes that approved this. Take some satisfaction from the fact that Cortez's wife won't succeed him in the office.

Maybe that's why the push for this happened at the end of their terms, rather than the beginning?

Old 05-21-2011, 01:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
That's a coward in my book. Hope this tool is proud of his cowardly ways.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:54 PM

905 posts, read 2,959,750 times
Quote:

Where do I sign?
My sentiments exactly. I do hope the Conservation Society has luck with the injunction.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:34 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
Quote:
"Their colors are not red, white and blue. They are flying red, green and white."

You got that right!

Taking Texas back little by little......
Who are we taking Texas back from? American-born citizens like Cesar Chavez--who fought for the rights of millions of American citizens, as well as citizens of other countries? I'm not Latino, and I've always been inspired by him. I, too, am a tax-paying San Antonian--AND I voted in the last city election.

Like it or not, Chavez is a hero to many, many San Antonians and Americans all over this great land, Latino or not. Thousands marched in his honor here not too long ago.

Now, if we REALLY want to get into a good conversation about "wasting" taxpayers' money, we could talk about a million different things--some of which I'm happy about, and others of which I'm not, and many of which cost millions and millions of dollars--not $100,000. I'm sure the cost in money, time, and effort of some ill-fated "recall" campaign would far dwarf $100,000--and distract politicians from far more important issues.

Damn, even DALLAS renamed part of a street after Chavez, and they're not a Hispanic-majority city, nor a Democratic-voting one. Are we going to have to take Dallas back for Texas, too?

Old 05-21-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
Who are we taking Texas back from? American-born citizens like Cesar Chavez--who fought for the rights of millions of American citizens, as well as citizens of other countries? I'm not Latino, and I've always been inspired by him. I, too, am a tax-paying San Antonian--AND I voted in the last city election.

Like it or not, Chavez is a hero to many, many San Antonians and Americans all over this great land, Latino or not. Thousands marched in his honor here not too long ago.

Now, if we REALLY want to get into a good conversation about "wasting" taxpayers' money, we could talk about a million different things--some of which I'm happy about, and others of which I'm not, and many of which cost millions and millions of dollars--not $100,000. I'm sure the cost in money, time, and effort of some ill-fated "recall" campaign would far dwarf $100,000--and distract politicians from far more important issues.

Damn, even DALLAS renamed part of a street after Chavez, and they're not a Hispanic-majority city, nor a Democratic-voting one. Are we going to have to take Dallas back for Texas, too?
you got 100k i can borrow?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio