Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:24 PM

126 posts, read 361,545 times

Advertisements

I'm not a big fan of Hagee either, the whole doomsday thingy. The whole evangelist tv thing bugs too.

Ofcourse now I am going to plug my little church. North Central Christian on Evans road. It's small, but getting bigger and it has a great youth program. I really can't wait untill the sanctuary is all built.

Max Lucado writes the "Hermie and Wormie" books, my 4yr old loves them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 04:10 PM

76 posts, read 186,738 times
I have to agree with Buffyfan, in that Mr. Hagee does spend a lot of time on his version of the "end time scenerio". IMHO I think he should be more concerned with the salvation of people's souls. More preachers, pastors and evengelists need to preach repentance and turning from sin and the world.
Mr. Hagee is worng on a number of accounts regarding the "end times" anyhow and I don't pay much attention to him.
I have yet to hear Hagee preach with a tear in his voice, love in his heart and a burden for lost souls. I do not see one ounce of compassion in the man. All the man does is yell and scream at the top of his lungs. I guess he thinks by being loud and obnoxious he can get his message across and scare people into whatever it is his talking about.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:34 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,434,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostball View Post
I have to agree with Buffyfan, in that Mr. Hagee does spend a lot of time on his version of the "end time scenerio". IMHO I think he should be more concerned with the salvation of people's souls. More preachers, pastors and evengelists need to preach repentance and turning from sin and the world.
Mr. Hagee is worng on a number of accounts regarding the "end times" anyhow and I don't pay much attention to him.
I have yet to hear Hagee preach with a tear in his voice, love in his heart and a burden for lost souls. I do not see one ounce of compassion in the man. All the man does is yell and scream at the top of his lungs. I guess he thinks by being loud and obnoxious he can get his message across and scare people into whatever it is his talking about.
The problem is he is trying to get HIS message across, not the True Message. A considerable difference, IMO.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:50 PM

126 posts, read 361,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
The problem is he is trying to get HIS message across, not the True Message. A considerable difference, IMO.
Amen.........

Old 09-07-2013, 08:24 AM

76 posts, read 186,738 times
Recently John Hagee has been teaching a lot about the "Talit"... claiming that Jesus wore a Talit and was obeying and living by the OT laws, etc. I'm wondering when Mr. Hagee will come out on stage wearing a "Yarmulka"? Maybe then next he'll start teaching about the 613 Mitzvot's and have us believe that we should be keeping them.
Hagee is leading millions of people down the wrong road.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,442,961 times
Cornerstone will be good for a person needing to feel spiritual and have their weekly sermon. That church is not for everybody. Some like smaller, some larger. Size does matter for some.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
Cornerstone will be good for a person needing to feel spiritual and have their weekly sermon. That church is not for everybody. Some like smaller, some larger. Size does matter for some.
True that...and message and motive matter for others.....

Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM

5,507 posts, read 6,423,571 times
I went "church shopping" when I first moved to Texas, I liked several but for different reasons still "shopped". I found one prior to moving back to Michigan that I knew was "the one". I "church shopped" again when I moved back to Michigan, and although I liked several, I did not "bond" with any. When I returned to Texas I was so very happy to reconnect with the church that I feel totally comfortable, totally welcomed, totally cared for in. This is what folks should look for in a worship facility, if you are truly searching, the Lord Himself will guide you to the right church.

Although I sometimes watch him on TWC Channel 22 or listen to him on AM 650, I do not care for John Hagee's style of preaching or the large congregation. Sometimes "more" in NOT better, as in my case.

I invite any CD poster to visit my church. If you would like to "take me up on it", please DM me.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,415,779 times
I have a big issue with his salary, and I worked with security officers who said he was an a-hole who would curse at them. When I give money to a church, I'm giving it to God, so I expect it to be used to do God's work. When my money is funding a large house in The Dominion, it is not doing God's work. If he wanted to be a millionaire, he should have chosen a profession where he would earn that money. In my opinion, prosperity preachers are nothing but panhandlers.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,442,961 times
I also know the nurse that takes care of his mom. She says he rarely visits her. That is sad. The sin is following in his steps. I would also if I was his son. That is a lot of money, for a little work. It is what it is. There was a letter written to him by L Ray Smith, entitled "7 Wonders of hell", hagee just refused to answer it.
If you are needing activation all speaker then He is for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio