Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 03:59 PM

5 posts, read 10,691 times

Advertisements

All,
As I mentioned before in a few other threads, I moving back to SA & need a good realtor. I'm not looking for the "whole experience" (pretend were friends, do lunch & discuss our dreams & which house will make that magically happen), just need somebody to get down & dirty, show me places, & do the paper work. Somebody "mission" oriented and fast on their feet. Any suggestions?
Vr,
Dave
P.S. This is going to be about a 75% cash transaction & interersted in REO properties

Last edited by ddpegue; 06-06-2011 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: omitted data (see post script)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:30 PM

124 posts, read 253,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpegue View Post
All,
As I mentioned before in a few other threads, I moving back to SA & need a good realtor. I'm not looking for the "whole experience" (pretend were friends, do lunch & discuss our dreams & which house will make that magically happen), just need somebody to get down & dirty, show my places, do the paper work. Somebody "mission" oriented and fast on their feet. Any suggestions?
Vr,
Dave

For the 6% commission, i'm sure that you'll have more PMs than you can shake a stick at...

Old 06-06-2011, 04:49 PM

437 posts, read 903,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonga View Post
For the 6% commission, i'm sure that you'll have more PMs than you can shake a stick at...
I saw an agent just last week charge 8% to list a house.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:23 PM

177 posts, read 358,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshurgot View Post
I saw an agent just last week charge 8% to list a house.
In this market and economy? No realtor is worth that. I WOULD mail in keys before I ever paid that. The seller must have disposable income.

Old 06-06-2011, 05:37 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
In this market and economy? No realtor is worth that. I WOULD mail in keys before I ever paid that. The seller must have disposable income.
Your hatred of everything real estate has been pretty sufficiently documented in the past.

In THIS market and economy, it seems to me a Realtor that could sell your home quickly for a good price would be worth more, does it not?

The listing agreement is something that the seller and Realtor agree to, so it really doesn't make a difference what any other party thinks. People pay what THEY think things are worth. I'd bet that Realtor didn't force it upon them.

There are plenty of Realtors out there that will list your home for a discount, but with tons of inventory sitting forever, wouldn't it make financial sense to invest in getting it sold quickly?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:06 AM

177 posts, read 358,021 times
I agree with you that it's between the seller and realtor, but 8% is ridiculous. Yes, after what has happened to us with buying a house in 2006, I do have a very bad opinion of real estate. I PROMISE that the day we can dump our SA house once and for all, stop being tax-paying landlords down there, and be done with the whole fiasco, you won't hear another word from me regarding the housing market. I just happen to think that will be years from now because the market OVERALL has not found a bottom and sold prices, days on the market, shadow inventory, foreclosures, and short-sales reflect that. I don't want other military people coming here thinking SA housing is wonderful and unless they plan to stay a very long time, they should rent. Sorry if that feels personal to you since you are in business to sell houses and I realize that.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:31 AM

5 posts, read 10,691 times
Thank you all for your input, but I wasn't trying to start an "anti-realtor support group". I'm just looking for somebody that had a postive experience with a realtor and would provide some contact info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio