Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,721,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post

True. I don't think the traditional rooftop antennas are stocked by local San Antonio retailers, anymore.
Radio Shack still does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM

4,323 posts, read 7,228,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ged_782 View Post
I don't think the traditional rooftop antennas are stocked by local San Antonio retailers, anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Radio Shack still does.
Just did a random check of about a dozen different traditional VHF/UHF outdoor antennas at Radio Shack's website. Only one model shows as being stocked in local stores, although when I went there about a year ago to purchase a rooftop TV antenna, they told me they had quit stocking them in the stores, but they offered to order one for me, or said if I prefer, I could order one myself from their website.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 PM

64 posts, read 135,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Been with DirecTV for a few years. Switched from TWC and have been happy with the change since day one.

Better PQ. Better sound (spatial quality). Those two things alone are enough to make me never, ever switch back to TWC overly-compressed HD channels. The quality of their signal is crap.
Have you heard about the free tv option? It's an even better picture because all pay-tv signals are compressed and this ota broadcast antenna tv is not, plus it's also received in HD (high def.). It's the secret deal that cannot be beat. And not just because it's free. Most assume that you get only a few channels which couldn't be further from the truth.

Plus, with the NFL impasse it doesn't look like it's going to be worth paying for the NFL Sunday Ticket. We may not get any football broadcast at all this year, which would be just fine for me. Personally, I prefer college basketball. Football, esp. the cable sports packages are a big fat waste of precious money.

Last edited by Bo; 06-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: fixed quote tag

Old 07-01-2011, 11:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
hate to bring this thread back, but hopefully the OTA fangirl/boy is finally back in Delaware where they belong...

anyhow, this is for Dish people. Is there a duo receiver where you can watch HD on both TVs? When I ordered the service, I specifically said that everything has to do HD because I don't like SD, I never watch SD, and all of my TVs are HD. They told me that I could watch it on either TV that was sharing, but just not at the same time. I said that's no biggy because I don't watch TV in two completely different rooms. Now that it's installed, I know that was a lie, or at least for the 722. The 922 looks sweet and the installer said it will do HD on everything, but everyone on the phone says it won't. However, everyone gives different answers to every question and one guy even gave a different answer after reading the manual and then tried to pretend that was what he said all along. I really hate incompetence, so that's why I'm looking here instead. Hopefully someone has a real answer that actually works. This is Dish, not Direct. Otherwise, I think I'm going to have to tell them to kill the contract or else I'm going to dispute the charge because they flat-out lied to me.

one other thing.. can any USB wireless adapter work on a 722? or do you have to use theirs? You can buy it from them for only $25, which is cheap, but I'd have to wait for a while to get it.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM

rd go here

Dish Networkâ„¢ Satellite Receiver Forums - DBSTalk.Com

These guys can answer anything and everything abut DISH

Old 07-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Thanks.

Wonder why that didn't come up with my Google search?

Old 07-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Dunno but I usually tell everyone about that site that has Dish or Directv.. I know on the Directv side there are actual employees and they use customers for testing upcoming equipment/software. I imagine the Dish side is the same.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:49 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,622,545 times
might be OT, but ATT DSL, 6 meg plan, is currently going for 19.99 for a year, no contract. i envy my new neighbor cuz im paying 25$ a month for the same plan he's on.

/not going to complain about 5$ though, my bill is still less than 30 a month for internet, whereas on time warner, it broke 50$ every month.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM

I got the phone 250 plus 12 down Internet for $50 for 6 months and got it knocked down to $40/month yesterday because they screwed up my install big time. I'm having my third tech over today for a self install.. nice

If you have a security system and you tell them that and they still say you can do a self install, they don't know what they're saying. Sad thing is it took two guys to figure that out and the one that did was the "outside" guy they sent after the "inside" guy couldn't figure it out. Gotta love union labor...

Old 07-04-2011, 06:40 AM

Getting awesome speeds from this "Internet Max" garbage from at&t..

is anyone competent in this city? anyone at all??

how could everything be working two weeks ago and now nobody can get anything to work? Is it too much to expect someone to know their job?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio