Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 03:43 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I do look at the impact, which is why I disagree with your comments!

For one, the majority of San Antonio is safe from violent crime; and the crap you are describing of stabbings and shootings are relatively minor in comparison to most cities of its size.
coughbull****cough

3/4ths of this city is ghetto. 3/4ths of this city is not safe from violent crime...

inigomontoyathisworddoesnotmeanwhatyouthinkitmeans .jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 03:52 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,245 times

YouTube - ‪George Jones & Willie Nelson - I Gotta Get Drunk‬‏
I think we can all agree with Willie. I am having some beer right now. Again. Good thing I stay in the 1/4 side of town that is not ghetto Also glad I have my guns so violent crime doesn't really worry me. Armed and dangerous when provoked!

Old 06-14-2011, 04:02 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
Quote:
the crap you are describing of stabbings and shootings are relatively minor in comparison to most cities of its size.
Name another city where it's common for family members to stab and shoot other family members? It's impossible because it doesn't happen anywhere else. How can you possibly describe that as minor? So your son stabs his brother and you just say "meh" and blow it off? I know that's not true or even the slightest bit possible, but I also do not know why you would trivialize it. Killing, stabbing, and shooting family members is beyond bizarre behavior. I was extremely shocked when I heard of this on the news when I first moved here and now I'm almost used to it. That is absolutely unacceptable and all the proof you need that people here are out of control.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:53 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,832,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Name another city where it's common for family members to stab and shoot other family members?
Houston. Dallas. New York. LA. New Orleans. Oh, heck - grab an atlas, because just about any major metro area has that problem......

Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
Houston. Dallas. New York. LA. New Orleans. Oh, heck - grab an atlas, because just about any major metro area has that problem......
Seriously? And here I was convinced it was strictly a San Antonio phenomenon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
coughbull****cough

3/4ths of this city is ghetto. 3/4ths of this city is not safe from violent crime...
"3/4ths of this city is ghetto?!?" You're right, that is "coughbull****cough"

I tell ya what, here's a map of the city, feel free to mark the 3/4ths of it that are "ghetto" so we all know what areas you are referring to and so we can avoid them!

Oh, and be sure to indicate the area where you live as well, as I'm sure it isn't "ghetto!"

Old 06-14-2011, 07:12 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,390,063 times
Default If crime stats are comparably lower in S.A.,

Needed Proof? How are San Antonians out of control with a low crime rate ? The people of Detroit do not matter ? It is you who, are contradicting fact and then you trivialize people here RD- not, it is not M.M.M... You are losing ground here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Name another city where it's common for family members to stab and shoot other family members? It's impossible because it doesn't happen anywhere else. How can you possibly describe that as minor? So your son stabs his brother and you just say "meh" and blow it off? I know that's not true or even the slightest bit possible, but I also do not know why you would trivialize it. Killing, stabbing, and shooting family members is beyond bizarre behavior. I was extremely shocked when I heard of this on the news when I first moved here and now I'm almost used to it. That is absolutely unacceptable and all the proof you need that people here are out of control.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:26 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
I'll make it easy for anyone to compare SA to any major city in the US. Wikipedia lists the crime statistics for U.S. cities with a population of 250,000 or greater based on cases per 1,000 people for all of calendar year 2009:

Wikipedia US Cities by Crime Rate for 2009

Detroit has a violent crime rate of 19.67 compared to SA's 5.71. That's nearly four times more likely! Baltimore = 15.13, Atlanta = 11.5, Cleveland = 13.95, Kansas City = 13.0, Oakland = 16.79, St Louis = 20.7...I think you get my point!

Even other cities in Texas aren't doing as well. Dallas = 7.92, Houston = 11.26, Ft Worth = 5.85, Arlington = 6.15, Corpus Christi = 8.23

Austin is only slightly lower at 5.50, and maybe we all oughta move to Plano, where it's only 1.7!

By the way, those numbers are directly from the FBI:

FBI Crime in the United States by Metropolitan Statistical Area, 2009

So go ahead and make all the claims you want about this city having a crime problem, the facts prove otherwise...

Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Seriously? And here I was convinced it was strictly a San Antonio phenomenon!

"3/4ths of this city is ghetto?!?" You're right, that is "coughbull****cough"

I tell ya what, here's a map of the city, feel free to mark the 3/4ths of it that are "ghetto" so we all know what areas you are referring to and so we can avoid them!

Oh, and be sure to indicate the area where you live as well, as I'm sure it isn't "ghetto!"
no need, south/east/west side - ghetto

NW/NE/central downtown - mostly not ghetto (some small pockets of bad neighborhoods exist).

i live next door to alamo heights. not ghetto at all. any other questions?

Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I'll make it easy for anyone to compare SA to any major city in the US. Wikipedia lists the crime statistics for U.S. cities with a population of 250,000 or greater based on cases per 1,000 people for all of calendar year 2009:

Wikipedia US Cities by Crime Rate for 2009

Detroit has a violent crime rate of 19.67 compared to SA's 5.71. That's nearly four times more likely! Baltimore = 15.13, Atlanta = 11.5, Cleveland = 13.95, Kansas City = 13.0, Oakland = 16.79, St Louis = 20.7...I think you get my point!

Even other cities in Texas aren't doing as well. Dallas = 7.92, Houston = 11.26, Ft Worth = 5.85, Arlington = 6.15, Corpus Christi = 8.23

Austin is only slightly lower at 5.50, and maybe we all oughta move to Plano, where it's only 1.7!

By the way, those numbers are directly from the FBI:

FBI Crime in the United States by Metropolitan Statistical Area, 2009

So go ahead and make all the claims you want about this city having a crime problem, the facts prove otherwise...
comparing other cities to san antonio = / = san antonio doesnt have a crime problem. it merely states that others have a bigger crime problem than we do.

also, stop moving the goal posts son...

Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 PM

since were linking websites, heres one that you neglected to link that contradicts your 'facts':

America's falling crime rate: Good news is no news | The Economist

specifically:

The decline in violent crimes was sharpest in small towns, where the rate dropped by more than 25%, and among regions sharpest in the South, which saw a 7.5% decline. Only two cities with more than 1m people—San Antonio and New York—saw their crime rates rise

but no, youre right and im wrong. SA doesnt have a crime problem, no sir! crime isnt rising here, no sir!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio