Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 PM

796 posts, read 3,037,768 times

Advertisements

I just came home a few minutes ago and one of my daughters made it in the door first. She said ooh, look a worm. Wrong. LOL I think it is a garter snake, but it is all brown, with a lighter tone on it's belly. I looked online at pics and all the garter snakes that I see have some sort of pattern on them, mainly a stripe that runs along it's whole body. I am thinking, where there is a baby, there is a mama somewhere. My apartment is one of those where you walk into the door and have to go up stairs to the actual livng areas.

The girls were asking what we were going to do with it, and my 4 year old said, I know, lets use it for bait for fishing.LOL That's my baby (the girls and I love to fish).
Attached Thumbnails
What kind of snake is this?-dsc03356.jpg   What kind of snake is this?-dsc03360.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2007, 08:01 AM

11 posts, read 44,662 times
Default snake

I think that is called a "Texas Thread Snake", and I believe they are harmless. I found one in my office building one time and just tossed him out into the bushes!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:11 AM

Yup, that is what he or she is. I looked it up online through the search engine and that is exactly what it looks like. Thanks. Weird, I have never seen one before or even heard of this snake and I have lived in TX for over 30 yrs.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:41 PM

15 posts, read 74,097 times
Default thread snake huh

I aways wondered what they was called. ive seen lot of them. it good yall started this thread snake thread.lol.............charlie......

Old 08-08-2007, 10:59 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,297,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie-50 View Post
I aways wondered what they was called. ive seen lot of them. it good yall started this thread snake thread.lol.............charlie......

Cheermom.....I'm not too freaked out by snakes, but every now and then a garden snake will startle me in the garden........but I have to say I admire how well you handled one in your HOME! I'm not so sure I'd be as calm!

Old 08-09-2007, 05:57 PM

8 posts, read 55,341 times
I've always heard them called "Blind Snakes".

Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

Cheermom.....I'm not too freaked out by snakes, but every now and then a garden snake will startle me in the garden........but I have to say I admire how well you handled one in your HOME! I'm not so sure I'd be as calm!
Thanks to all of the girls, I watch a lot of animal planet. It helped that it was basically the size of a worm, just a little longer. I messed with it for a while to see if it would strike before I even thought of touching it. At the same time I am lecturing the girls that they had better not do this type of thing themselves because you never know.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
I've always heard them called "Blind Snakes".
Blind snakes is also the other name that I saw that they were called.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:50 PM

36 posts, read 164,099 times
hi,

My cat use to bring them in the house all of the time, I too thought it was a worm at first. I would sweep them up on the pan and toss them out. I could never figure out where she was getting them from. Every year during the warmer months.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 29,729 times
I've had 4 in my pool so far this year. 2 just today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio