Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:53 PM

925 posts, read 1,227,551 times

Advertisements

Man, if I didn’t live here and know this city and was reading abettersa’s post as advice I’d not want to move into SA. Good work abettersa, mission accomplished You butcher facts; you took two area malls (one still opened and making money, another shutdown but being redeveloped) and used that to paint a picture of San Antonio. You think because you had problems with your home that everyone else who buys a house will as well.

You actually have no idea what the standard job flooding the SA market is, but you claim to which is hilarious. The last call center that came into town was Washington Mutual in 2005, which by the way pays a starting wage of 12-13 dollars, not extravagant but not chicken scratch both especially for a call center and especially for a low cost of living city like San Antonio. The actual jobs following in are in the medical and manufacturing sector, you wouldn’t know this because you large pair of blinders on in your pursuit to make San Antonio look negative for whatever silly reason. You don’t like the city or whatever side of town you live on, move, don’t come on here and paint a picture that isn’t true. Sorry, you must have caught me on a bad day. Actually, you didn’t I’m darn chipper today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 02:58 PM
210 210 started this thread

1,722 posts, read 2,242,634 times
Insomniac is right, all negativity is not needed here.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:53 AM

82 posts, read 269,867 times
Question Wow.

you are sooo right about that vicky! the homes look huge and spacious and airy & the new home prices look so good on paper. but trust me. we moved here in '85 from a farm suburb of dayton & what a 20 year exercise in frustration it's been! we entered a contract with .....

xxxooo[/quote]

I honestly do not think ANY place could be this bad. Calm down. Can anyone give me an honest open minded opinion? I'm looking at Fair Oaks Ranch/SA and Frisco/DFW....

Old 06-04-2008, 03:23 PM

71 posts, read 282,749 times
Abbyt, I moved into FOR last July and absolutely love it here! It's just close enough to anything that you want, but far enough away to stay out of the middle of things. I do a lot of my business in Boerne (5 min. drive) because it is still 'small town', but can go to San Antonio (12 min. drive) for the big stores. There is little crime to speak of, lots of large lot homes, gated and ungated neighborhoods and it's quiet (my personal favorite). You should really check it out!

Old 06-05-2008, 06:52 AM

82 posts, read 269,867 times
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1969 View Post
Abbyt, I moved into FOR last July and absolutely love it here! It's just close enough to anything that you want, but far enough away to stay out of the middle of things. I do a lot of my business in Boerne (5 min. drive) because it is still 'small town', but can go to San Antonio (12 min. drive) for the big stores. There is little crime to speak of, lots of large lot homes, gated and ungated neighborhoods and it's quiet (my personal favorite). You should really check it out!
I will, thank you!

Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 AM

32 posts, read 77,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1969 View Post
Can you give me the names of some of the communities? We're in the process of relocating to the SA area and have heard from a lot of people to check out this area. Looking for a family oriented neighborhood with community pool, schools are important (we have two children; 8 and 7), houses in the $400's hopefully with a decent size yard. Gated would be nice but not sure if any have homes in our price range.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio