U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 10:33 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,500,874 times

Advertisements

It seems trying to find a great OB/GYN is like finding a needle in the haystack. I had a horrible experience with Seven Oaks a few years back. I finally found an OB/GYN that is great but he is not accepting my new insurance Group and Pensions Administrator.

I tried to get an appointment with Dr. Farhart to confirm my pregnancy but they have changed the appointment twice and due to lack of transportation I can't constantly change the appointment as it revolves around someone else taking me.

I need a practice that can tell me how much it is going to cost me when I visit, a doctor that is good, personable and doesn't have a waiting list of over two months, I prefer a private practice as I rather see the same person through out my pregnancy instead of these mega practices. If anyone knows of such a place, please let me know. I do not need a midwife as I am a high risk pregnancy and will be having a scheduled c-section for health reasons.

Please please let me know. Many thanks in anticipation of your assistance!

Mrs. X
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 10:44 AM

12,088 posts, read 13,699,953 times
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Seven Oaks. Dr. Hedi Heck is great. I've been going to her for 21 years and just love her. Mind if I ask what went wrong?

Old 06-27-2011, 10:49 AM

I had requested to see a doctor on my intial appointment and the appointment setter refused and said to see the DO. She ended up doing a pap and hurting me in the process that when I got off and ended the appointment I felt ill and dizzy. I fell and they had to put me in a chair and give me some juice. They said it was not their fault and when I got home I was bleediing. No it wasn't my period cause I ended up getting my period two weeks later. Never went back to them again.

That is just my experience. I am sure that they have wonderful doctors there but because of it I would not consider going back.

Last edited by CD's Only Mrs. X; 06-27-2011 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: added a sentence

Old 06-27-2011, 12:26 PM

11,481 posts, read 24,096,388 times
Dr. Dooley at the Institute for Women's Health delivered my second baby. I had a high risk pregnancy and scheduled c-section. He was in a private practice then, but now is part of the group at the Institute. He did a great job with the c-section...when I had my first daughter (at University Hospital, done by their high risk clinic doctors), the incision went from hipbone to hipbone and I had major pain during recovery for about six weeks, then a huge ridge of scar tissue under the skin that I could feel for at least a year afterwards. When Dr. Dooley did the second c-section, the incision was only about five inches wide and I felt like I was completely recovered within two weeks...people had to keep reminding me to take it easy because I'd just had surgery, I recovered that fast. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dooley.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Dr. Dooley at the Institute for Women's Health delivered my second baby. I had a high risk pregnancy and scheduled c-section. He was in a private practice then, but now is part of the group at the Institute. He did a great job with the c-section...when I had my first daughter (at University Hospital, done by their high risk clinic doctors), the incision went from hipbone to hipbone and I had major pain during recovery for about six weeks, then a huge ridge of scar tissue under the skin that I could feel for at least a year afterwards. When Dr. Dooley did the second c-section, the incision was only about five inches wide and I felt like I was completely recovered within two weeks...people had to keep reminding me to take it easy because I'd just had surgery, I recovered that fast. I would definitely recommend Dr. Dooley.
Thank you so much Hedgehog Mom! I will definitely give them a try.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:10 PM

17 posts, read 37,714 times
I have used Dr. Sadler at Northeast OBGYN for over 11 years. He is great. My last one was a very high risk pregnancy but it went well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio