Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2011, 09:08 PM

181 posts, read 611,400 times

Advertisements

We were planning on Sea World/Fiesta Texas for fireworks but because of the ban, that's out. Are there any parades, pancake breakfasts, 5k's or such around town? any fun smaller kids activities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM

418 posts, read 784,399 times
Laser show in Schertz...

Schertz Lights Up The Night with Laser Fireworks | City of Schertz

Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,445 times
we are skipping town....heading to corpus as they are having fireworks at the Lexington. We did this last year on a complete whim and it was a blast.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times
best bet is going to be out of town now, as theyve banned pretty much every fire work (sparklers and small kiddie stuff included) in bexar county and the city of san antonio.

i havent heard of any public places having any kind of aerial display, only that their show was cancelled. i would have thought a place like sea world would have had some type of exemption since they ARE surrounded by metric tons of water.

/please dont be a jerk and circumvent the law. if you must pop fireworks, dont be a rude jerk and do it on your street, go where its legally permissable.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:36 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Many retail stores in the area, including Wal-Mart and Costco, have been selling novelty items labeled as fireworks.* Most are either smoke bombs,*noisemakers or small sparklers and are not included under the current ban.* However, Coleman does urge the public*to*use these novelty items with caution, on a concrete surface and with a fire extinguisher nearby.

Read more here: http://www.stoneoakinfo.com/node/75341

Old 07-03-2011, 10:40 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Many retail stores in the area, including Wal-Mart and Costco, have been selling novelty items labeled as fireworks.* Most are either smoke bombs,*noisemakers or small sparklers and are not included under the current ban.* However, Coleman does urge the public*to*use these novelty items with caution, on a concrete surface and with a fire extinguisher nearby.

Read more here: Ignoring the fireworks ban will cost you | StoneOakInfo.com
my understanding (after multiple discussions with the LEO's in my area and 311) leads me to believe ANY fireworks in the city limits are banned, drought or no. this would include those items that you find in wal mart labeled as 'novelty items' but in reality are fireworks.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:20 PM

181 posts, read 611,400 times
We'll skip the fireworks for this year, sigh.

Thanks for posting all of the ideas. Is Schertz absolutely crazy? We were thinking about the parade?

I think we honestly might just do an early morning zoo trip and call it a day. The Lexington sounds so fun but I'm not sure we're up for that this year-I'll store the idea away for next year.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:48 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,045,650 times
If you want to see a real butt kickin' fireworks display, drive out to Kingsland for the Aqua Boom. HEB shells out lots of money to sponsor this and it is the best fireworks display I have ever seen in Texas. Kingsland is on Lake LBJ, the drive is about an hour and 1/2 and it's worth it. The display is launched over the lake, everyone is out there in their boats and the landlubbers get to sit on the highway bridge because they close it off for people.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:31 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,445 times
HillCountry,
What time would you people should get out there if they wanted to get a spot to watch it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio