Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 AM

1 posts, read 29,573 times

Advertisements

hi im a single mother who wants to take her 2 boys next weekend ofcourse money is tight but my son made all a's all year and he wants to go anyone know any discounts coupons anything helps ....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 05:52 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times
I haven't seen many coupons floating around (doesn't mean they aren't, though). The only one I could find is the one here: SeaWorld San Antonio - Discount Coupons for San Antonio Attractions

Even then for three people that's only going to save you $15. For anyone over the age of 10 a regular price single-day ticket is 59.99. Keep in mind you'll also have to pay for parking.

For three people it's going to be about $165 even with the coupon (assuming both kids are 10 or older), if they're both under it'll be about $150 with the coupon. Sea World is expensive no matter which way you slice it.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:56 PM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times
No discounts. You can get it a bit cheaper by HEB, but that's few bucks only.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:10 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
NISD is selling Sea World tickets. http://foundation.nisd.net/pdf/SeaWorldFlyer.pdf $35 for adults, $28 for kids.

You're still going to have to pay $15 for parking. Then there are all sorts of other things to waste your money on when you get inside...$14 for locker rental if you want to swim, $6 for three little fish to feed to the dolphins, food, souvenirs, etc. I actually bought the fun card passes for my family this year because I figured we could pay once (when we got our tax refund ) and have fun all summer long, when money is always a little tighter for us...but we end up spending so much when we go that it's not working out like I planned.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:30 AM

759 posts, read 3,689,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
NISD is selling Sea World tickets. http://foundation.nisd.net/pdf/SeaWorldFlyer.pdf $35 for adults, $28 for kids.

You're still going to have to pay $15 for parking. Then there are all sorts of other things to waste your money on when you get inside...$14 for locker rental if you want to swim, $6 for three little fish to feed to the dolphins, food, souvenirs, etc. I actually bought the fun card passes for my family this year because I figured we could pay once (when we got our tax refund ) and have fun all summer long, when money is always a little tighter for us...but we end up spending so much when we go that it's not working out like I planned.
We also bought passes and go without spending a dime. You can take in your own drinks (no straws though!!!) and I take in a few small snacks for my 2 year old- like a granola bar. Hubby and I eat a big breakfast, so no need for food for us. We bring backpacks w/ towels and wear our swimsuits... we've actually been super pleased with our decision...

Our daughter is under age 3, so she is free. Hubby got a Fun Pass, and I got a 2 year annual pass so we do get free parking... and we just do not buy any "extras" at all.

Old 07-05-2011, 09:49 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
We also bought passes and go without spending a dime. You can take in your own drinks (no straws though!!!) and I take in a few small snacks for my 2 year old- like a granola bar. Hubby and I eat a big breakfast, so no need for food for us. We bring backpacks w/ towels and wear our swimsuits... we've actually been super pleased with our decision...

Our daughter is under age 3, so she is free. Hubby got a Fun Pass, and I got a 2 year annual pass so we do get free parking... and we just do not buy any "extras" at all.
That works when they're little My kids are 9 and 5 and they're good kids at home, but when we take them to Sea World they start begging for things from the second we walk in. We also don't use a stroller anymore, so anything we take in, I get to lug around. I take drinks and snacks, but they finish that the first hour we're there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio