Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:39 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Aw, aren't you cute?

You seem to be painting certain people with a very broad paintbrush. The word "Homophobia" indicates fear. Can you give me a word that instead indicates disagreement with a homosexual lifestyle?
There's not one that I know of, so it'll have to be homophobia. Or would you prefer anti-gay? Or...mysohomoist? What word would you like me to use?

Last edited by Backliteyes; 07-04-2011 at 02:39 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-04-2011, 02:40 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionallyBlank View Post
We, a hetero married couple, live nearby and walked over to the parade with my mom, 5 year old nephew, and our 4 kids (aged 13 to 10 months). It was a great time. We all thoroughly enjoyed it, and we'll definitely go next year.

Intolerance is for suckers.

Looking at the clips that were posted it looked like a great time was had by all. Glad you attended.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
People label everyone based on their closely-held beliefs all the time. But alright, I'll grant you that. Lets just say I find the actions intolerant then (and leave the person aside).

I guess by him saying he found it offensive that qualifies as him stating that in his opinion it was in violation of the TOS? I suppose so, sure. If it was really in violation of the TOS I'm pretty sure the mods would have been on it, but that's neither here nor there.
So....what you're saying, then, is that "anything goes" - that there is no right or wrong? That would mean that incest, bestiality, and, say, sex with minors is okay as long as someone thinks that it is? One of the oldest (and, in my mind, most honest) issues with the homosexual lifestyle is that there is no way that a child can be conceived by natural methods between the two. Because of that, I am bothered that there is a movement afoot (and has been for years) to make such lifestyle choices "protected" and "mainstream". It's not - it can't be - not in the natural order of things. We can legislate all we want - but you can't rewrite the natural selection process.

As I said - two adults want to do something, it's not my business. But at the point you want to bring it into the public arena and say you're exercising your "Freedom of Speech", then don't you dare deny me mine.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get drug into this...because I honestly do try to remain as unjudgemental as I can - but when someone's gonna attempt to make it seem "okay".....then I'm gonna say something. And if nothing else, at least give those of us that DO speak up credit for being willing to say so in a respectful and polite way.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
There's not one that I know of, so it'll have to be homophobia. Or would you prefer anti-gay? Or...mysohomoist? What word would you like me to use?
Why the need for a label at all? Does that somehow justify your position? It's not homophobic - that's a handy way used by many to try to shut people up, because so many really don't want to be drawn into the debate.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:50 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,587,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
So....what you're saying, then, is that "anything goes" - that there is no right or wrong? That would mean that incest, bestiality, and, say, sex with minors is okay as long as someone thinks that it is? One of the oldest (and, in my mind, most honest) issues with the homosexual lifestyle is that there is no way that a child can be conceived by natural methods between the two. Because of that, I am bothered that there is a movement afoot (and has been for years) to make such lifestyle choices "protected" and "mainstream". It's not - it can't be - not in the natural order of things. We can legislate all we want - but you can't rewrite the natural selection process.

As I said - two adults want to do something, it's not my business. But at the point you want to bring it into the public arena and say you're exercising your "Freedom of Speech", then don't you dare deny me mine.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get drug into this...because I honestly do try to remain as unjudgemental as I can - but when someone's gonna attempt to make it seem "okay".....then I'm gonna say something. And if nothing else, at least give those of us that DO speak up credit for being willing to say so in a respectful and polite way.

* Respectful and Polite.

Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Anything legal is...well, legal (I didn't say I think it's right, but this is a country where people do not have to cleave to any particular person's ideas of right and wrong outside of the law). Several of the things you mentioned above are illegal...not even sure what that has to do with this thread.

Legally, someone is within their rights to cop to being gay in public, to have an event about it, and to share that event with others on a public forum. I don't think the thread should be removed just because others don't like it.

Quote:

I never said you were being impolite, because you specifically have been.

I just don't necessarily agree that admitting to being gay in public is "bringing it into the public arena". That's like saying a heterosexual couple holding hands in a park is bringing their private sexual life into public. Some people would actually agree with that and would prefer no PDA of any kind, from anyone, anywhere. I'm not one of those people. It's not as if they were committing sex acts in the park (which would be illegal).

It just seems that the primary issue people have with this thread is that they don't like it...but in my opinion that's not sufficient reason to not allow someone to start a thread about an event.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Why the need for a label at all? Does that somehow justify your position? It's not homophobic - that's a handy way used by many to try to shut people up, because so many really don't want to be drawn into the debate.
Okay, then we can de-label and I'll just say that I don't like it when anyone calls for the removal of a thread for no other reason than that they don't like it's perfectly legal (and apparently TOS-compliant) content.

If someone tried to get rid of another thread about a religious or cultural event of any kind, I would feel exactly the same way.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Anything legal is...well, legal (I didn't say I think it's right, but this is a country where people do not have to cleave to any particular person's ideas of right and wrong outside of the law). Several of the things you mentioned above are illegal...not even sure what that has to do with this thread.
And with all due respect, I will remind you that homosexuality WAS illegal for many years in this (and other) countries. During our recent history, as "progressives" interjected themselves into the political scene, they have worked hard to fight against any type of moral standard by first sticking a label on it, then pointing out how "wrong" being against it was. If you'll look, you'll find more of the "alternative lifestyle" types using the same techniques to attempt to gather acceptance for their choices.

Quote:
Legally, someone is within their rights to cop to being gay in public, to have an event about it, and to share that event with others on a public forum. I don't think the thread should be removed just because others don't like it.
I'll agree with you....as long as you will agree that, having been broached, those that disagree with it have the same right to so state.

Quote:
I never said you were being impolite, because you specifically have been.

I just don't necessarily agree that admitting to being gay in public is "bringing it into the public arena". That's like saying a heterosexual couple holding hands in a park is bringing their private sexual life into public. Some people would actually agree with that and would prefer no PDA of any kind, from anyone, anywhere. I'm not one of those people. It's not as if they were committing sex acts in the park (which would be illegal).
Actually, it is. It's been part of the entire attempt to further the agenda to force acceptance - by being "in your face" with it, they force folks to deal with it - and as I said, in most instances, if you state opposition to it, the labels start getting tossed.

Quote:
It just seems that the primary issue people have with this thread is that they don't like it...but in my opinion that's not sufficient reason to not allow someone to start a thread about an event.
You may well be right - but it's an issue of folks finding it morally wrong, and against the natural order. Because something's been made legal doesn't make it right in the eyes of many.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:23 PM

455 posts, read 633,096 times

================================================== ========================

Homosexuality will never be mainstream, it's a very slight percentage of the population.You can't force a gay person to be hetero, no more than we can force you to be gay, you speak as if they are trying to revolt against society.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:29 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
This is no longer about the original post, Gay Pride celebrations in SA. Thread Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio