Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:24 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu7 View Post
I live in Stone Oak and love it, but I like the proximity to outdoorsy things and don't need to live near downtown. If you're looking for more densely urban living, then you could look at Alamo Heights, or just north or south of downtown, like other folks have mentioned. The commute to and from downtown from Stone Oak is horrid (by SA standards) because 281 backs up like crazy near 1604.

As far as the "being black" thing, pffffft... I actually see more biracial couples around here where one person is black than I actually see black couples. I really don't think anyone cares. Heck, I'm white and my last girlfriend before my wife was black. No worries down here! This is the friendliest place I've ever been.
You've only been in San Antonio for a few months; I've been here my whole life. Even though there are some non-black men dating black women in San Antonio, your story more than likely does not count toward that number since you haven't been here long and you come from a different place that probably has a different culture. Your perspective may or may not be representative of born and bred San Antonians.

Of those couples you've seen, what percentage had a woman as the black partner?

Last edited by L210; 07-08-2011 at 02:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM

231 posts, read 813,832 times
To the OP:

I wish you the best of luck. You are in for a large dose of culture shock

Old 07-08-2011, 11:48 AM

330 posts, read 587,431 times
I can walk into downtown from where I live in Tobin Hill (north of downtown) in about 15 minutes. Not too bad, and there are a few townhouses for sale around here, but it doesn't exactly qualify as urban. Still, a very neat and walkable place to live and worth checking out.

I did notice a few spaces for sale and even for rent in the Travis Lofts/Frost Bros building where we used to live. Awesome building in the middle of downtown. Good luck!

Old 07-08-2011, 01:03 PM

392 posts, read 749,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
You've only been in San Antonio for a few months; I've been here my whole life. Even though there are some non-black men dating black women in San Antonio, your story more than likely does not count toward that number since you haven't been here long and you come from a different place that probably has a different culture. Your perspective may or may not be representative of born and bred San Antonians.

Of those couples you've seen, what percentage had a woman as the black partner?
Wellllll yeah I guess obviously I do see more black men in interracial relationships here than women. I have several black female friends that are with non-black guys, BUT they're in Louisiana, so I guess maybe I'm kinda blending my experience in my mind. The large towns of southern Louisiana, especially southeastern, have a long creole tradition, so it's a lot more common there. Any guy that will totally put off a race of women for dating are just missing out on that potentially awesome match! Oh well, I wish everyone the best of dating luck here, regardless of racial or ethnic configuration!

Old 07-09-2011, 10:37 AM

282 posts, read 471,952 times
I'll definitely look at the Tobin Hill area. thanks for the suggestion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio