Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times

Advertisements

I don't like it either. Who says that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 AM

11 posts, read 26,770 times
I cannot stand San Anto!!! As well as duece dime.

San Antone doesn't bother me. Nor Tone City.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
I don't get the whole Tone City thing. I know Tone is short for San An TONE but wth is a tone city? We're fat, not tone, according to all the people moving here from everywhere else.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:16 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,059 times
I told you guys the reason they call it these names is originated strictly from gang lingo. San Anto, and Tone City are names the local gangs such as Mexican Mafia etc.... call San Antonio. I kinda wish everyone knew this. It's super annoying to me when people call it either of these unless they are gang bangers. I like being able to sort out the illiterate gang bangin' idiots from those who actually have an education. Please just call it San Antonio!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:34 PM

288 posts, read 926,420 times
I really can't decide if it bothers me to hear people call it San Antone. I grew up in Deer Park, outside of Houston, and we always called it San Antone before moving here in the early 90's. My extended family still refers to it as such. At first it annoys me then I think it is kind of endearing. I do see how some people can't stand it though, because I loathe when people say "New Braunsfels". I want to scream! That isn't endearment, it's just idiocy.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM

11 posts, read 26,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
I told you guys the reason they call it these names is originated strictly from gang lingo. San Anto, and Tone City are names the local gangs such as Mexican Mafia etc.... call San Antonio. I kinda wish everyone knew this. It's super annoying to me when people call it either of these unless they are gang bangers. I like being able to sort out the illiterate gang bangin' idiots from those who actually have an education. Please just call it San Antonio!
WOw is that from an A&M alumni. Good thing my kids will be going to UT. I called it Tone City when I was younger and I aint down bra. Or for the Aggies- I'll tell you what, I think that dad gun name Tone City aint not gut nuttin to do with that dat gun gangs Ill tell you what. Hook Em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 06:22 PM

434 posts, read 1,123,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
Amarillo by mornin'
Up from San Antone
Everything that I got
Is just what I got on......

Good ol' George Strait...
That was one of the first songs I heard about " San Antone, aka San Antonio" when I was up north and I fell in love with the city that I had visited for some years before we decided to make this San Antone or Antonio our home. Don't really care what it is called, just like the whole Antonio-Antone now that it is my home. So no offense by me.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:15 AM

57 posts, read 219,396 times
What REALLY irritates me is whenpeople abbreviate the name of our city down to San Anto or S.A.-town(pronounced saytown).

Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,011,692 times
I am thinking.. there is more to life to worry about then wether someone calls this town SA Town.. San Antone or whatever the heck they want to call it... being bugged by something like this is so... childish.. in my opinion.. dont we have better things to be worried about as adults?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 AM

63 posts, read 258,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the man in satx View Post
i am thinking.. There is more to life to worry about then wether someone calls this town sa town.. San antone or whatever the heck they want to call it... Being bugged by something like this is so... Childish.. In my opinion.. Dont we have better things to be worried about as adults?
right on, man in satx!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio