Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 AM

409 posts, read 1,034,134 times

Advertisements

Recently I helped a woman in the parking lot of the tax office who had locked her keys in the car. I offered the phone number to Pop A Lock but she had no money plus really couldn't wait the 2-3 hours waiting time for them to show up. Luckily I had a slim jim and with the help of a bypassing stranger got her car unlocked within minutes. Since she was very thankful and had no money we told her to "Pay it forward." Another time I helped a girl prolly in her 20s with a small child in the car after she ran out of gas on Walzem Rd when NOBODY...would stop to help. After pushing her car off the road I gave her my last $10.00 for gas. She also was very thankful and apologetic that she no money and told her to "Pay it forward." Chances are you'll never see these ppl again so they can't return the favor to you. Thought I would share this with other ppl who have helped complete strangers and feel good about their good deed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 10:50 AM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
does turning in the found debit card to the bank count? lol.

It's nice to know some people still help others. I saw a poor guy broke down the other day on the road and a couple of younger men came up and helped push the car off to the side. Good times in 100 degree weather.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
If I'm in line at a department store such as JC Penney or Kohl's, I give the person behind me my coupon if they don't have one already and the cashier gives me back the coupon.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,804 times
ill usually stop for stranded female motorists. males, not so much, as working on your car should be something you learn how to do yourself, even if as a passing hobby.

/dont care if shes fat, skinny, uggo or hottie, shes broke down on the side of the road, ill render aid.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:13 PM

409 posts, read 1,034,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatotex97 View Post
does turning in the found debit card to the bank count? lol.

It's nice to know some people still help others. I saw a poor guy broke down the other day on the road and a couple of younger men came up and helped push the car off to the side. Good times in 100 degree weather.
I went thru a drive through ATM and found someone else's card still in the slot and asking if I wanted another transaction. It sure was tempting but my conscience got the best of me so I turned it in the next a.m. to the bank. Besides, I know the camera would tell on me so I did the right thing.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I reply to the "item wanted" ads a lot on craigslist...I've given away lots and lots of kid clothes, some dishes, books, etc...

There was a family who I took a bunch of stuff to last summer in Castroville. They had beautiful children...two girls and a boy. They were living in a singlewide with tar paper on the outside and plywood nailed over their windows. I took them all the clothes and shoes my daughter had outgrown, but when I saw their house I wished I had more to give.

I'm superstitious in a weird way. When I need something good to happen, I do something to help a random person, and usually the good thing I'm looking for will happen. It's spooky sometimes...we took a walker to an elderly lady who had broken her leg and couldn't get around on crutches, and as we were getting on the highway after leaving her house, my husband's cell phone rang and it was a job offer which we really, really needed. I'm sure it's all coincidence, but still...

Old 07-10-2011, 05:03 PM

89 posts, read 185,919 times
I do little things to help others all the time. Donate clothes, lend $, give rides, give up my seat to the elderly or children in a waiting room and so on. I'm sure there's a lot more i can do. I believe in karma but dont expect anything back. Every once in a while i get a pleasant surprise.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:16 PM

74 posts, read 175,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post

I'm superstitious in a weird way. When I need something good to happen, I do something to help a random person, and usually the good thing I'm looking for will happen. It's spooky sometimes...we took a walker to an elderly lady who had broken her leg and couldn't get around on crutches, and as we were getting on the highway after leaving her house, my husband's cell phone rang and it was a job offer which we really, really needed. I'm sure it's all coincidence, but still...

Those are blessings from above, even if you don't believe he always is watching over you

Old 07-10-2011, 05:51 PM

554 posts, read 1,067,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba57 View Post
I went thru a drive through ATM and found someone else's card still in the slot and asking if I wanted another transaction. It sure was tempting but my conscience got the best of me so I turned it in the next a.m. to the bank. Besides, I know the camera would tell on me so I did the right thing.
The drive thru ATMs at my bank will spit the card out if you leave it in for any amoint of time. Fist it will ask if you want another transaction, if you don't respond within a few seconds, the machine will start beeping and ask if you need more time, a few seconds later it will spit your card out. I did go through behind a vehicle once and when I pulled up their card was sticking out of the machine and it was beeping. So then you must ask yourself, do I pull the card out and turn it into the bank the next day (it was after hours), or do I leave it there thinking the person will realize they left it, and come right back for it? Another thing our ATMs do is "suck" your money back in if you make a cash withdrawal, and don't take your money within a few seconds. I had that happen to me once, which is how I learned the ATMs do that.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:49 PM

272 posts, read 640,115 times
Remember people aren't the only ones you should pay it forward to. I help lost or stray animals as well. They may not be able to BRAG about your good deed, but nonetheless they will forever grateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio