Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:29 PM

155 posts, read 373,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I'm just wondering what the effects of those watering hours are on electrical usage across the area. Since many don't have programmable automatic watering systems and some people might get up early and turn on the outside lights before the sun comes up so they can water. Or do it in the evening after the sun sets...again more lights on then than usual too. Higher bills, more strain on the electrical grid? Also, how much money will S.A. rake in as far as fines?
Air Conditioning is the dominant driver of electricity use in July in San Antonio. Lights...not so much. Besides, the greatest strain on the grid is late afternoon. Very little load in the wee hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Oh my god, y'all. The rules are the rules for a reason. We don't have an endless supply of water in San Antonio. You broke the rules, no matter how stupid they are. Now go pay your fine. I would.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:12 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
who cares? its probably minuscule. also, how do you know his car was on and idle with the AC going? you dont.

that being said, my lawn is mostly green due to me hand-watering on mon,wed,fri, the only days (if i remember correctly) you can water on stage 3. or was it monday/friday only? idk, but i only hand water and for 15 minutes tops.
I care. Am I the only one tired of a heavy handed person sticking their nose in my business being paid by my tax money?

Old 07-12-2011, 06:25 AM

62 posts, read 105,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Oh my god, y'all. The rules are the rules for a reason. We don't have an endless supply of water in San Antonio. You broke the rules, no matter how stupid they are. Now go pay your fine. I would.
Seriously - thank you.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:12 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
We don't know if person is innocent or guilty. The hubby had to pay a traffic ticket that his brother got (his brother used his info). Hubby is innocent because he was sleeping in his room when his brother took off with his car and when he was pulled over, he gave him my hubby's info. Yes, slimy brother. There is no way to prove his innocence and he was almost going to get arrested (long story) so he paid the fine even though he's innocent because if he didn't, he would have spent one night in jail! So I would hope that someone has proof that there was a water violation.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:37 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,405,752 times
Quote:

Oh my god, y'all!! That made me laugh

Funny stuff aside, I have a friend who is a mapper/geographer that worked a long time mapping cities in Texas...he said something to me the other day on my FB page...let me go get it.

Quote:
Actually after working with storm drain stuff, San Antonio is notorious for not funding projects for their water needs like Dallas, Austin, and Houston.
Interesting. I am hoping someone can elaborate, because I don't know enough about the topic to really comment/agree/disagree.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
Quote:
The rules are the rules for a reason-Right? Really? Do you recall the Stage 1-4 water level heights five years ago? They have substantially been raised to a higher threshold. Why, I have my suspicions and none of them are the same as SAWS. Certainly none has anything to do with the sustainability of the aquifer to provide an endless supply of water to South Texas.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:09 AM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,568 times
Quote:
Now go pay your fine. I would.
Even if they don't show evidence? I would fight it if they don't come up with evidence. First they have to prove you broke the rules.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Even if they don't show evidence? I would fight it if they don't come up with evidence. First they have to prove you broke the rules.
I'm not going to fight about frivilous things like a water citation. The OP can go to court and fight it all theywant. Whatever. It's like fighting a speeding ticket in Shavano Park.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:23 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
I'm not going to fight about frivilous things like a water citation. The OP can go to court and fight it all theywant. Whatever. It's like fighting a speeding ticket in Shavano Park.
When someone receives a speeding ticket, the driver gets pulled over to the side of the road right away. With this water citation, it doesn't seem someone pulled over and spoke to the homeowner directly. A water citation may seem small but if its $200-300 kinda fine (not sure what the cost is), it can do some serious damage to the pocketbook when someone is innocent.
Edit to add: If you go to court, the judge can sometimes reduce the cost of the fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio