Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,571,462 times

Advertisements

Bexar County has launched a Rx Card program to help residents get discounted prescription drugs.
Bexar County Rx Card will help residents save money on prescriptions|WOAI: San Antonio News

The article did not mention too many details like where you can get them, who is eligable etc. I realize there are many people in Bexar County with no jobs and no insurance. I'm sure this will help many people get cheaper drugs. I just wonder which pocket they are going to reach into to pay for it. I know who the pocket will belong to though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 04:04 PM

95 posts, read 231,777 times
Here is the link that KENS-5 provided on their article. I think this is the official site. Bexar County Rx Card

Old 07-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,011,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supgrrl View Post
Here is the link that KENS-5 provided on their article. I think this is the official site. Bexar County Rx Card
Reading about it on that web site, I'm thinking it doesn't cost the county anything. It's just a deal with a discounter.

Quote:
There are no exclusions, no limitations. <snip> If you’ve got a family, you can print out a card for each member, including the family pet (yes, that’s right, many of your pet’s medications are also covered!)

Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM

126 posts, read 477,386 times
I attended the press conference this morning and it sounds like a great program. Everyone is eligible, no income guidelines, and its free! You can print the cards online or pick them up at participating pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens, WalMart, Sams & Costco). The cards are also available in Spanish.

You can use it anytime insurance can't be used or if you don't have insurance. So if your insurance doesn't cover the meds, you're in your deductible period, or your stuck in the donut hole of Medicare Part D, this is a great solution.

Pharmacies participate to get customers that otherwise wouldn't be shopping because they could not afford their prescriptions. The county participates because every time you use the card, funds are contributed to county organizations, like Ryan White. It sounds like a win, win situation to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio