Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 PM

737 posts, read 1,582,885 times

Advertisements

I heard membership fees went up...how much is it per month now? How did they justify it?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 02:38 PM

584 posts, read 1,193,017 times
I don't know what the membership is now but they can justify it if people are willing to pay it. I have been a member since 2006 and my husband and I pay like $110 a month.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,514 times
I loved Lifetime! I cancelled not b/c of price, but because of location. I even told the guy when I cancelled they need one by Sea World. He didn't seem too worried. Awesome bball court, pool, sauna, and hot tubs. I just built a gym in my garage and go to Spectrum. Get it free through NISD. Teacher perk.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
I just built a gym in my garage and go to Spectrum. Get it free through NISD. Teacher perk.
And teachers are being laid off

Hope you're proud of yourself........

Old 07-22-2011, 06:37 AM

I asked my trainer if this morning if they were going to build another Lifetime because friends that live in the Lackland/Sea World area like Lifetime but the distance is too much. He said they are going to build another but in the Forum area next.

Sorry I know this isn't answering your question about price.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
And teachers are being laid off

Hope you're proud of yourself........
This has nothing to do with Lifetime and/or gyms. Not sure what you are implying here, but Spectrum, along with a bunch of other businesses, have partnered up for a health and wellness program for all district employees. This partnership has actually been going on for numerous years. If you want to whine about teacher layoffs go to Perry's mansion we are all paying for. I'm sure he'd be happy to see you. And yes.... I am proud of myself. I have lost 40 pounds and people tend to walk the other way when they see me coming. You're welcome.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penquin927 View Post
I asked my trainer if this morning if they were going to build another Lifetime because friends that live in the Lackland/Sea World area like Lifetime but the distance is too much. He said they are going to build another but in the Forum area next.

Sorry I know this isn't answering your question about price.
It would be awesome if they opened up along 151 or even on 1604 by Brennan. It took me 35 minutes to get over there and it just was not worth it. My membership was 89.00 a month. I'd call b/c they have special rates throughout the year. January is usually the best time due to New Year's resolutions and such. Way cheaper.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:57 AM

732 posts, read 3,553,234 times
I heard that Gold's is taking over the NISD contract for teachers etc. in the coming year or so. As a result, they are planning on building more gyms to meet the demand - specifically one at 151/Westover Hills.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM

Seems like from the posts you aren't getting the answer you want. You may want to contact them. You can go to their website and get free pass for 1 or 2 weeks I think it is to try it out. Most important thing when considering a gym membership is location. You want it close enough that you will actually go. You do not want to travel out of your way to get there. If you do join lifetime you get some Lifetime Bucks to use towards TEAM classes, personal trainers, etc. I have actually been doing the TEAM classes (Weight Loss and Fitness) since January 2011 and love them. Yes they do cost more then the membership but it is a cheaper route to having a personal trainer. TEAM classes meet 3x a week and there are normally no more then 12 people in a class but usually not even that many. TEAM classes are $499 for a 12 week session and you do the payments in monthly installments which is great. I have actually seen great results which is why I am still doing it.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:26 PM

262 posts, read 433,537 times
Starting this month, my Gold's membership went up again, bringing the increases to 60% over the past few years. The rationale they use is, "We are now offering services that other gyms are offering," which is not true, but whatever...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio