Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:28 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsnTktHldr View Post
I have to agree with the small firm vs large. I have used large firms in the past and just got lost in the shuffle it seemed like, not to mention any specifically. I just signed on a new house in Steubing Ranch this week using a small local brokerage and realtor and they were much more helpful, and more importantly always available. We hope to close and move in the beginning of Sept and I did save on the commission having them handle both sides. I would be happy to recommend to anyone, just PM me. They were great!
It's got nothing to do with firm size. You just got a great Realtor. I hope you do recommend them to folks when asked, because it's what keeps the good ones in business.

There are really bad realtors at small places, and really good ones at large places. The best thing to do is forget about the company name and just interview them on a realtor by realtor basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:09 AM

7 posts, read 18,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I TOTALLY RECOMMEND Kevin Crawford for as being an OUTSTANDING real estate agent!

Placed our property on the Market on Friday and had our offer on Monday!!!
That makes me wonder if it was priced too low?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
That, or a combination of a fair asking price and a home that perfectly fit what the buyers were looking for. We sold our SA home 7 years ago - listed on a Monday, full-price offer by Friday. Interesting part was the house sold for like $20k more than any other had in that subdivision prior to that. We asked no questions......

Old 08-01-2011, 08:04 AM

177 posts, read 357,961 times
Unfortunately for sellers, today's market compared with seven years ago is a whole other world.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,834,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabart47 View Post
Unfortunately for sellers, today's market compared with seven years ago is a whole other world.
You're right....oh, wait - my comments were in response to an earlier post about a home that just sold....in one business day.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieS View Post
Highest priced sale in the neighborhood. So...no. It was priced correctly.

Realtors are in a no-win situation. If we sell if quickly, it was priced too low. If it takes a while to sell, it HAS to be our fault too.

I'm curious as to what the "correct" number of days for a home to be on the market is? Because apparently three isn't it

Old 08-12-2011, 05:59 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,453,477 times
No, we MADE money on the house, so when you get an asking price of a good deal MORE than you paid for it 7 yrs ago in THIS market, it was not priced too low. Plus, got the highest per sq ft $$ amt sold in the area to date.

The name of the game is the RIGHT real estate AGENT and doing what he tells you to do to get it sold. Of course, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION is alway a factor in real estate.

FYI...there was an IDENTICAL house 2 blocks away that was for sale for less and ours sold when theirs did not...but then we had hired the RIGHT person and did what he said needed to be done to get it sold.

In fact, that one is STILL up for sale checking the MLS listings.

You need to do what is best for you, but in this market I am telling you having an agent that follows thru on EVERY detail is so very important and Kevin proved it to us.

You ASKED for info, and having just sold a home, tried to help you with your request.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:45 AM

437 posts, read 902,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
No, we MADE money on the house, so when you get an asking price of a good deal MORE than you paid for it 7 yrs ago in THIS market, it was not priced too low. Plus, got the highest per sq ft $$ amt sold in the area to date.
I'm sure Kev is a wonderful agent and I don't want to take anything away from his talents, but as far as this market goes the median selling price for July is up by $30,000 in 2011 compared to July 7 years ago. "THIS market" is doing just fine. To put things in perspective, even the lowest monthly median selling price for 2008-2009 was $11,000 above the highest 2004 median selling price.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshurgot View Post
I'm sure Kev is a wonderful agent and I don't want to take anything away from his talents, but as far as this market goes the median selling price for July is up by $30,000 in 2011 compared to July 7 years ago. "THIS market" is doing just fine. To put things in perspective, even the lowest monthly median selling price for 2008-2009 was $11,000 above the highest 2004 median selling price.
I think her point was that it sold in three days for a very good price, and that they were very happy. It was in response to the person saying it may have been under priced, while in fact it was the highest sale in the neighborhood.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 PM

437 posts, read 902,861 times
No need to get huffy. My point was that in "THIS market" for someone who has "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION" - "alway [sic] a factor in real estate" it really would have required a very special agent not to sell for more than she paid 7 years ago. A great deal more? Perhaps... I don't know how much "a great deal" is and I haven't found the listing on MLS so I have no information. What I do have is data. The median selling price for July went from $120,000 (approximately) to $150,000 (approximately) over the last 7 years. I hope you sold that property for twice what she paid. I'd be happy for both of you (and for the market)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio