Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:07 PM

173 posts, read 360,284 times

Advertisements

Need a Good hotel for going out drinking, eating and having a good time Memorial day weekend.

-Young Crowd 20's
-Good Restaurants
-Good Bar/Club Scene

Was thinking down by River Walk was the best area for that. Let me know if I'm wrong.

I came up with these hotels. Let me know which would be the best. Or if you know something better.

Hilton Palacio Del Rio
The Fairmount Hotel A
The Westin Riverwalk
Hyatt Regency Riverwalk
Grand Hyatt San Antonio
Marriott San Antonio
Emily Morgan Hotel
Omni La Mansion del Rio
Marriott Plaza

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Check for room availability. It won't be easy...

Old 05-24-2011, 04:17 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
River Walk would probably be the best area for those wants and it'll keep the roads a little safer

but good luck getting a reservation.. I haven't heard about a tourism recession here and haven't noticed a lack of them either.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Check for room availability. It won't be easy...
Its funny, but hotel availability is wide open for that weekend.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:07 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,880,155 times
Any one of the mentioned hotels are good. The closest to the riverwalk would be the Hyatt Regency or the Hilton. Both are ON the Riverwalk. The key is to walk or taxi if drinking. SA has had enough of the drinking and driving tragedies. Enjoy yourselves and be safe.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're hardly going to find that crowd on the riverwalk. You'd be better off finding something near the 281/1604 area and bar hopping in the Stone Oak area (or even to the 10/1604 area).

Sure, there are bars on the riverwalk but you have to pay a cover to get into Pat Os (which I would say hands down is the best of the downtown scene). The gas to get to 1604/281 would be well worth not paying the cover for some cheesy downtown scene (unless that's what you want). Just choose to be safe when driving.

Although some posters of City-Data believe all drinkers are drunks, they aren't. Just be safe and have fun.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:37 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post

Although some posters of City-Data believe all drinkers are drunks, they aren't. Just be safe and have fun.
True, but it's really hard to go out drinking and not be drunk when you're driving home. I know a lot of folks say that they're OK after a few drinks, but reality is that after only one or two you're impaired and a danger to others on the road. You don't have to be falling down drunk to be a drunk driver.

The OP will have a good time at the Riverwalk. There's plenty to do down there and all types of people. Plus they're off the roads on a holiday weekend. It's just one less thing for them to worry about.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:33 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
True, but it's really hard to go out drinking and not be drunk when you're driving home. I know a lot of folks say that they're OK after a few drinks, but reality is that after only one or two you're impaired and a danger to others on the road. You don't have to be falling down drunk to be a drunk driver.

The OP will have a good time at the Riverwalk. There's plenty to do down there and all types of people. Plus they're off the roads on a holiday weekend. It's just one less thing for them to worry about.
Just other options.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,793 times
I would say any are good, but would probably look at Fairmont last

Old 05-25-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you're hardly going to find that crowd on the riverwalk. You'd be better off finding something near the 281/1604 area and bar hopping in the Stone Oak area (or even to the 10/1604 area).

Sure, there are bars on the riverwalk but you have to pay a cover to get into Pat Os (which I would say hands down is the best of the downtown scene). The gas to get to 1604/281 would be well worth not paying the cover for some cheesy downtown scene (unless that's what you want). Just choose to be safe when driving.

Thanks for the other option, Ill google Stone Oak Area.

And BTW (for all readers) I dont drink and drive. If we need to get somewhere we will walk or take a taxi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio