Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:06 PM

437 posts, read 902,546 times

Advertisements

New Braunfels is a great choice too and it has the advantage of being closer to Austin so you could enjoy two larger cities instead of one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 01:46 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,704,597 times
Another vote for Boerne. Boerne and Schertz (on the NE side of SA) are the two fastest growing towns in the SA area, even faster than the rate of growth of SA.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:47 PM

584 posts, read 1,192,431 times
I live in the Canyon Springs/Stone Oak area and love the convenience of the shopping and restaurants. Yes traffic can be bad at times but it has improved and if you are commuting for work it shouldn't bother you at all. Quick access to head to the hill country and about 25 minutes to get downtown.

For you running, biking, etc. needs there are always people in the area riding their bikes and running. I know I am out running at 4:30 am in the morning and I don't have any issues. Saturdays I am out later and I pass others that day. Have to get out early right now due to the 100+ temps and I am not a late person to do it in the evening after 9 pm.

I would also recomment checking out the greenways that San Antonio has put in. They have PDF files you can open to see the maps of the areas.

City of San Antonio | Official Web Site - Parks & Recreation Department

Lots of people mountain bike also at McAlister Park also.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:46 PM

3 posts, read 4,856 times
Iron Horse Canyon in Helotes....Great schools and wonderful community

Old 09-26-2011, 06:59 PM

437 posts, read 902,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesrick View Post
Iron Horse Canyon in Helotes....Great schools and wonderful community
IHC is a neat area but if you live in one of the bigger houses higher up the hill, you may very well end up looking at an ocean of rooftops below you. The houses are more interesting the higher up the hill you drive, but the best views (or the fewer rooftop views) come at a high price, some well above half a million.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:22 PM

417 posts, read 815,821 times
New Braunfels is nice. The primary question, though, is where you and/or your husband will be working, as New Braunfels would be quite a commute if one or both of you had a job downtown or on the western side of SA. Not impossible, but quite a trek.

Congratulations on coming back to TX. As someone who just escaped the frozen tundra of the upper midwest, I don't blame you for wanting to come back here. Give me 100+ temps any day, as long as I don't have to ever live in snow again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio