Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 03:34 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Trader Joe's two days ago:
Ohhhh....drool, drool!!! Can not WAIT for that date!!!!

For those us us familiar with TJ's it has been INTERESTING watching HEB try to make some SERIOUS changes lately.....coincidence??? I think NOT!!!! LOL

While HEB is wonderful....TJ's is AWESOME!!!! Can honestly say I am NOT willing to shop one over the other....but will CERTAINLY benefit from the competition and the addition to our GREAT city!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 05:25 AM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
HEB needs serious competition. HEB is offering a way better service and more competitive food in Houston. Hope Trader Joe's will contribute to it.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
The parking at that shopping center is not particularly plentiful. I like Trader Joe's, but considering the parking madness I saw at the new Whole Foods location during its first month of operation, I think I'll be waiting until after the holidays to check out our city's new TJ's location.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:20 AM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Trader Joe's two days ago:
A thing of beauty and a JOY to behold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
The parking at that shopping center is not particularly plentiful. I like Trader Joe's, but considering the parking madness I saw at the new Whole Foods location during its first month of operation, I think I'll be waiting until after the holidays to check out our city's new TJ's location.
Yes, we were just commenting last night on the fact that parking lot continues to be full...and don't understand why, but the Whole Foods crowd seems to prefer the "Target spots" to the "WF spots"...I've seen many a shopper walk diagonally across the lot to their car. Still, the section in front of WF is def pretty full. Unless, those people are going to Copenhagen...

Old 10-27-2012, 12:31 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
They have a parking garage for shopping center visitors too.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Yes, we were just commenting last night on the fact that parking lot continues to be full...and don't understand why, but the Whole Foods crowd seems to prefer the "Target spots" to the "WF spots"...I've seen many a shopper walk diagonally across the lot to their car. Still, the section in front of WF is def pretty full. Unless, those people are going to Copenhagen...
I've found WF to be at uncrowded now on weekdays, during the middle of the day and on weeknights after rush hour. I'm sure it will continue to be a popular choice on weekends and that Trader Joe's will be, too. I don't like to shop at any grocery store here on weekends if I can avoid it.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM

1,552 posts, read 2,329,790 times
I've had no trouble parking at WF lately. As an aside, why do WF always have a cop? CM doesn't nor do most malls. Rampaging hipster, gourmands and diamond studded matrons?

Old 10-28-2012, 06:58 PM

145 posts, read 378,838 times
So I haven't been to a Traders Joe since 2000 and I didn't cook then ( pre kids). What are the must haves from Trader Joes? I hear such good things about their products and want to try their top things. We are recent to San Antonio and hate HEB so I am extremely excited to have another grocery store. Please share what you are dying to buy at Trader Joes.....thanks in advance.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
So I haven't been to a Traders Joe since 2000 and I didn't cook then ( pre kids). What are the must haves from Trader Joes? I hear such good things about their products and want to try their top things. We are recent to San Antonio and hate HEB so I am extremely excited to have another grocery store. Please share what you are dying to buy at Trader Joes.....thanks in advance.
Most of what I know is ready to eat stuff, since I have not had access to a Trader Joe's unless on vacation. I like this blog, though: http://www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/ The blogger's intent is to eventually try everything at TJ's, and rate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio