Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:15 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times

Advertisements

I dislike the location. I'd love to have more organic/natural options outside of 410. I understand the premise behind putting it at the Quarry but they get so spoiled. It's not even fair that AH gets all that snazzy stuff. I bet that the shops at La Cantera would have been built there and named the Shops at Broadway had there been enough space.

It isn't just the hipsters that buy this kind of stuff. Parents choose to raise their children healthy and others who live in the suburbs because of convenience also shop that way. I wish marketers would realize that the natural/organic way of life isn't just an inside the loop phenomenon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 11:21 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I dislike the location. I'd love to have more organic/natural options outside of 410. I understand the premise behind putting it at the Quarry but they get so spoiled. It's not even fair that AH gets all that snazzy stuff. I bet that the shops at La Cantera would have been built there and named the Shops at Broadway had there been enough space.

It isn't just the hipsters that buy this kind of stuff. Parents choose to raise their children healthy and others who live in the suburbs because of convenience also shop that way. I wish marketers would realize that the natural/organic way of life isn't just an inside the loop phenomenon.
But Trader Joe's really doesn't offer much by way of organic/natural. Their packaged and frozen foods tend towards that direction, but not their staples.

When i think of TJ's now I think of fancy cookies and cakes...

Old 08-18-2011, 11:42 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
But Trader Joe's really doesn't offer much by way of organic/natural. Their packaged and frozen foods tend towards that direction, but not their staples.

When i think of TJ's now I think of fancy cookies and cakes...
Well then i want fancy cookies and cakes by my house, not yours.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Well then i want fancy cookies and cakes by my house, not yours.
Quarry Village isn't downtown. It's closer to the burbs outside 410 than to downtown. We don't have ANY grocery store in my neighborhood.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM

469 posts, read 1,155,300 times
I also shop at the Goliad/SE Military store and completely agree with you about HEB Plus. I actually live closer to the HEB Plus but hate shopping there and I rarely find the stuff I want to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Thanks Chaka, that kind of puts it in perspective. I guess WF and CM may change things up a bit due to the added copmpetition if TJ's comes to town. BTW, we shop at the same HEB. I was thinking recently that with all of the growth in that area I'll bet they are wishing they would have put the Plus store at that location rather than at the McCrelles location. I'm glad they didn't though. Even if it gets a bit crowded sometimes it has a better selection than a Plus store.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:58 PM

84 posts, read 217,797 times
I pray they open a TJ's at the corner of Tezel and Guilbeau...........the old Albertsons grocery store has been vacant for 20yrs!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:53 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,705,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saytown View Post
I pray they open a TJ's at the corner of Tezel and Guilbeau...........the old Albertsons grocery store has been vacant for 20yrs!!!
Trader Joes opening there would increase home values in the area 50%

Old 08-18-2011, 02:02 PM

97 posts, read 340,646 times
Someone made mention about the transportation logistics which is spot on...The Denton is actually Aldi's distribution that TJ may use as well since it's owned by the same family...

However, the logisitics of taking product from Denton all the way to San Antonio for one or two stores does not make sense at all. Houston and Dallas are locks to get the first Trader Joe's in the state, but until they can get their distribution logistics down, San Antonio still will remain a longshot.

San Antonio may not have the draw either to support the store versus a city like Austin...

Old 08-18-2011, 02:07 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saytown View Post
I was hoping they would open one at the old HEB on S Presa that has been vacant for years.

Old 08-18-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I was hoping they would open one at the old HEB on S Presa that has been vacant for years.
Altho isn't it a senior community center now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio