Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 11:19 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a really good hair colorist for my daughter and I. I want someone who really understands color and matches it well to skin tone and natural hair color. I don't want to pay a lot (like $200) - but will take all recommendations. If you could give an idea of what they charge too, that would be great!

I appreciate it! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 PM

81 posts, read 230,577 times
My sister is a stylist and does a lot of color as well. Stephanie Drewa: 210 827 4826. She's been in the business for several years, and they just opened a new salon (Sivan Salon and Spa) near Huebner and NW Military. Not sure what her prices are, but they aren't extremely cheap.

Old 08-17-2007, 06:36 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,605,007 times
Salon Simone Blanco Road

Old 08-17-2007, 09:39 AM

48 posts, read 267,556 times
The absolute best colorist I ever had: Jesse Villareal at Salon Redox on San Pedro (a little south of North Star).

I have very dark hair and very light skin/eye color. He really knew how work with my coloring and I did everything from blonde hilites to red with Jesse. I never once ended up with that brassy color you so commonly see on brunettes. Medium length hair, a cut and 2-step color ran about $160. I moved away and boy do I miss him.

Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
You should take a look at "Hugo's Aveda Colour Spa"...
DeZavala btwn I-10 and Vance Jackson, next to Cool Cafe, and around the corner from Fiesta16 Theaters.....

I have not personally had my hair colored there; I go there for manicures and pedicures (TO DIE FOR!!!!) but have watched the stylists/colorists at work..... While I"m there, I usually see at least 3 people having their hair colored in some fashion. They seem to do a brisk business and the colors and cuts I've seen leaving the store are quite beautiful!!

Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 PM

109 posts, read 517,944 times
I've had really good luck with Aveda Salons (except for one called Pure???). K Charles is a really nice and professional Aveda salon. The stylists are rated based upon experience and coursework, a full color and a cut from a master stylist will run you around 200, gratuities are not accepted at K Charles as well so it's 200 plus tax.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:00 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,775,268 times
Here's a list of some of the hair coloring and styling prices at Hugos Aveda Styling Salon:

Hair

All hair services include a shampoo and conditioning treatment followed by a mini-facial and hand massage. You may also receive complimentary bang trims and / or neck trims in between cuts to maintain your great look and style. Stress relieving chair massages and make-up finishing touches are also available at no charge by request.
Hair Styling
Consultation - Free
Blow Dry Style $40*
Blow Dry with Iron $45*
Updo / Specialty Hair Design $50*
Bridal Consultation $25*
Bridal Hair Design $60*

Haircuts
Women's Cuts $55*
Men's Cuts $40*
Children's Cuts (10 and younger) $20*
Bang Trims - complimentary
Neck Trims - complimentary
BeardTrims - complimentary

Texture Enhancements
Perm (Partial/Body Wave) $85*
Perm (Full/Spiral) $120*
Perm (Full/Long) $120*
Perm (Full/Med. & Short) $105*
Relaxer $85*

Color Enhancement
All Over Color (Single Process) $65*
All Over Color (Double Process) $85*
Face Frame $65*
Partial Highlight $85*
Full Head Highlights $115*
Corrective Color - priced by consultation

Hair Scalp & Stress Treatment
AVEDA Purescription Treatment $35*
(Intensive Deep Cleansing)

*Length of time will determine pricing for all services.

*Prices listed are starting at.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:58 PM

76 posts, read 270,817 times
Just FYI, most of the stylists and other staff from Hugo's have recently moved to Sivan Salon and Spa, mentioned earlier in this thread. So I don't know that Hugo's has nearly the same service it did before.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,619 times
I ended up going to the Aveda salon at Lifetime Fitness - I saw Anthony and he did great! He even redid my daughter's highlights because she said she wanted them subtle, but they were too subtle!

I love my hair! And I really love the Aveda products too.

It was cheaper than Hugo's too - $70 for partial highlights, $55 for all over color, $45 for the cut (I think...) I did spend more than I had planned but love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio