Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 07:50 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,586,700 times

Advertisements

Saying no one was there could be part of the mild dementia. Call the police again, isnt it true that dementia systems get worse during stress?

Keep calling the police! Someone has to be empathetic to the situation!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2011, 07:58 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Could it be an IHOP - International House of Pancakes? And he misread it?
That's what I'm thinking--I also wonder if he's recollecting from a favorite restaurant or cafe from long ago and mistaking the IHOP for it. In any case, my heart goes out to you, mrstxcop. I can only imagine what you are going through.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:06 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Just saw this. Anything new? This has got to be so scary. for all of you.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:13 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,355,367 times
Even though it says "coming soon to San Antonio", could it be this?

Hoppin House Information

Old 09-17-2011, 09:52 AM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
Thank you so much for your concern everyone...

My uncle was saying it was a HOP IN and that there were a lot of lights... Lots and lots of lights... I am thinking he meant all the lights that light up the gas pumps... He also said there was a store with a lot of stuff in it...

The best we can make out is he was at a truck stop of some sort... He kept saying he had been thru a lot during the day and that he was downtown... But dh and other officers were combing the downtown area with no results...

DH has already called the Dothan, AL PD, where the Hop In's are located and they took all the info down and were going to put out a bulletin...

My cousins are currently at the police station downtown and they could not trace the call... It was just too quick... They did take a picture in and they are making up flyers/posters for nationwide distribution...

Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM

1,803 posts, read 2,623,479 times
wife works in law enforcement, just texted her this info.

also, do you have pictures of him? i was going to goodwill-hop today and can keep an eye out for him. however, if his car is broken down, and the HOP IN thing, i could make it a point to drive around and check out the iHOPs in the area.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterCat View Post
wife works in law enforcement, just texted her this info.

also, do you have pictures of him? i was going to goodwill-hop today and can keep an eye out for him. however, if his car is broken down, and the HOP IN thing, i could make it a point to drive around and check out the iHOPs in the area.
The police dept made flyers with the picture my cousins sent in and they have taken some to the Goodwill and to the HEB.

We have confirmed with the bank that there have been no suspicious transactions. There was a withdrawal of $200 at apx 1130am yesterday morning, but nothing since. My uncle always takes out $200 at a time, so the withdrawal amount makes sense and the time frame is in line with when he left the house.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
I don't have anything to add other than "I'm sorry." I hope this has a happy ending, and soon.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
IMO, it will be easier for everyone to follow and help if this discussion is in just one thread, so I merged the two threads. Good luck with your search, mrstxcop.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:24 PM

UGH!!!

We have found the HOP IN... It's located at Military and Marbach... According to the clerk there are no other locations in San Antonio and my cousin says there are ALOT of lights there, just like my uncle was saying...

However, my uncle's car is not there... He was saying his car was broken down and he had a dead battery, but who knows if that was his dementia talking or if he had someone help him with and give him a jump with cables and he took off again...

The store was open at 5am when he called and there was video of the parking lot, right above the pay phone he called from... The police are sending a cruiser out now so we can get the video released to see if there is any foul play involved...

Please, anyone on that side of town, be on the lookout for his car...

We are forwarding a picture to KSAT to be shown on the news...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio