Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 06:14 PM

127 posts, read 282,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Hello again,

I DID enjoy getting pedicures and manicures in Thailand while on RnR. I was also accused of being "feminine" for this proclivity. I can assure you ok, taking care of yourself is not "feminine". That kinda thinking led the previous generation to think it was alright to get tans, then they ended up with melanoma!

I wear sunscreen everyday just to avoid what my father went through! I don't consider that "feminine" either...

JMHO

p.s. It does still sound funny saying you are going for a facial...LOL

I get it - I shouldn't knock it till I try it. I'm a big fan of massages, but just always figured shaving did the exfoliation thing well enough. I certainly don't think taking care of yourself is exclusively for ladies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok2k View Post
In 2011 dudes are doing all sorts of goofy stuff like squeezing into skin tight jeans and piercing their junk. Doesn't make it right or me close minded.
Frankly, it's not up to you to judge or decide 'what is right' for others. If someone is comfortable wearing skin tight jeans, piercing themselves, getting a facial or massage, then so be it. It's their prerogative.

I take amazing care of myself: I work out, have a skincare regime, wear body-conscious clothing, etc. I'm proud of that. In a city with a out-there BMI, it's nice to know that there are some here who seem to give two bits about how they look to the outside world. Taking care of yourself isn't 'feminine.' It's self-respect and preservation.

BN

Old 09-20-2011, 05:42 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
Frankly, it's not up to you to judge or decide 'what is right' for others. If someone is comfortable wearing skin tight jeans, piercing themselves, getting a facial or massage, then so be it. It's their prerogative.

I take amazing care of myself: I work out, have a skincare regime, wear body-conscious clothing, etc. I'm proud of that. In a city with a out-there BMI, it's nice to know that there are some here who seem to give two bits about how they look to the outside world. Taking care of yourself isn't 'feminine.' It's self-respect and preservation.

BN

Exactly. Why would we expect attitudes to be any different in the fattest city in the world? A guy taking care of himself makes him feminine. I watch what I eat and go to the gym. I guess that makes me feminine, too.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,733,738 times
Try Patricia's off of Harry Wurzbach. Been around forever.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM

874 posts, read 2,893,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok2k View Post
In 2011 dudes are doing all sorts of goofy stuff like squeezing into skin tight jeans and piercing their junk. Doesn't make it right or me close minded.
Men in skin tight jeans is certainly not a 2011 thing... think of the "heavy metal" hair bands in the 80s. Those were some tight pants, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio