Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 07:21 AM

3 posts, read 32,044 times

Advertisements

I personnally think that he has left town and taken alot of our money with him. Both Bexar and Medina counties are looking for him and when they find him he will be doing some jail time, I am sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Findlay View Post
David, did you win your lawsuit against Karl Keene or Presidential Pools or both? Did you find out his current address or what he's doing now?

I have the uneasy feeling he's still around, selling pools he'll never build, to the unwary.

He's sure hurt a lot of people from the looks of things.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 22,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohick36 View Post
I personnally think that he has left town and taken alot of our money with him. Both Bexar and Medina counties are looking for him and when they find him he will be doing some jail time, I am sure.
Bohick, when you say Bexar and Medina counties are looking for him (Karl Keene) do you mean that there are criminal charges pending for him (and therefore a warrant has been issued) or is it just a bunch of civil cases that are waiting to be filed, if anyone can turn over his rock?

There should be criminal charges against this guy. I'll bet he's still hiding out in town somewhere. He's probably working for a different pool company so that his name doesn't have to be used. Or using a different name himself.

John

Old 09-08-2008, 07:39 AM

3 posts, read 32,044 times
There are criminal charges against him in both counties. Word on the street is that he is up in Luverne MN.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:18 PM

154 posts, read 629,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur young View Post
try AES pools at 210-913-6836 they won the 2007 parade of homes best water feature in anaqua springs.they take pride in every pool they build and wont charge you a fortune
Um, do you work for this company or something? Because you just joined, and have revived every old pool thread there is just to push this company. Those are the ONLY posts you've made.

Just askin', cause that's kind of weird.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:59 PM
DA1

2 posts, read 12,064 times
Does anyone know where to start when you need to file a suit against a pool company that has not finished a pool or other work promised, and there is a good chance the company is going out of business?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
DA1

2 posts, read 12,064 times
Does anyone know where to start when you need to file a uit against a pool company that has not finished a pool or other work promised, and there is a good chance the company is going out of business?

Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM

91 posts, read 177,286 times
Default Question Response

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1 View Post
Does anyone know where to start when you need to file a uit against a pool company that has not finished a pool or other work promised, and there is a good chance the company is going out of business?
DA, I have worked in the pool business for a number of years and am now a small custom builder in the central Texas area. I would recommend a few things to you: 1) Contact the pool company and let them know of possible litigation. 2) If they are a member of the better business bereau contact them and or the attorney general. 3) Post the name of the pool company with an inquiry as to other customers who may be having the same problems. This will carry a lot of weight. Be careful though, post a question only about the pool company and contact or be contaced by private message as to avoid slander or defamation. 4) Procure the services of an attorney. Usually, a customer can hold a pool company liable for breach of contract. You may be entitled to monetary compensation if your contract has not been honored by your builder. This is your best bet in the course of legal action. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. It is unfortunate for the industry as a whole to have this happen and does give a bad name to pool builders in general. I hate to see this happen to anyone. The pool business, like any other business, has it share of crooks. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 AM

Default A word of Advice for a any propective pool buyer....

As a former pool designer and salesman and now a custom builder I would like to give all of you a few helpful hints.
Honest pool builders are contractually bound to honor the written contract with you the customer. Do not ever rely solely on the word of any representative of a pool company when it comes to work you believe you are entitled to have performed. Get it in writing on the contract. The contract is written protection for you the customer and the pool builder. It should state the entire scope of work and the price for said work. If it is not on the contract the pool builder is not liable to build it. If it is not on the contract you are not liable to pay for it. A good contract solves a lot of issues.
Be very wary of any "handshake" deals. If your pool designer or builder is hesitant to write it down a red flag should be raised. We live in times now where honesty is suspect in all facets of construction. This goes for customers and builders alike. I have come across many customers who, after being taken in the past, have told me, "I believed this when he/she said this or that was taken care of." Many pool salesman are after only one thing, which is the sale. Often times a pool company is not fully aware of this initially. A shady pool salesman will promise the moon to customers. When it comes time to deliver, usually months down the road, the employee/sales person may not be with the company any longer. If, you the customer, then tell the pool company he said this and he said that they are going to refer to the contract. It is the only piece of information they have on your scope of work. Unfortunately, this happens often. The pool company may have fired this employee for this very reason but it does not help those customers who were trusting and mislead.
There are some very good pool builders in the central Texas area. Some are larger established companies and some are smaller custom builders. Having mutually understood expectations is very important. Having a good understanding of the scope of work, the timliness of completion, the type of materials proposed and a good contract is paramount to a good building experience. Most good builders can provide all of the above and do so without hesitation as it makes for a better building experience and tremendously helps with referrals and happy customers.
Hope this gives you all a little food for thought.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 PM

Default A quick question....

To all of you who have had pools put in: I would like to know some things you would have liked to have had happen that would have improved the building process for you. If you would like, will you message me some of these items. We are always looking to improve and feedback is the best way of doing this. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,253 times
Default Pool Company Recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPinSC View Post
Um, do you work for this company or something? Because you just joined, and have revived every old pool thread there is just to push this company. Those are the ONLY posts you've made.

Just askin', cause that's kind of weird.

This forum is dedicated to recommending pool companies. Arthur has a great reputation and has been building award winning pools. You should check out his company. He also has a web site at [url=http://www.aespools.com]Home Page[/url].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio