Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 10:07 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbrocks View Post
What are you talking about, KZEP? KISS hasn't played that music in over 10 years. Unfortunatly they have been playing 90s music for 10 years instead. In any case, the Rude Awakening wasnt about music anyway, when they played a song I would switch to npr for a while. They will be missed by true San Antonians
What is with this "true San Antonian" talk? A person has to like Lisle and Hahn to be a true San Antonian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,543,835 times
Hey! Maybe they will hire Don Couser and George the Duck and we can Drink BIG RED and listen to top 40 radio!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:29 AM

431 posts, read 928,996 times
Wow

I like many grew up with that show through the years. Even though I haven't lived in San Antonio for a few years now, I would still listen to their Pod Cast online from time to time. Made me feel like I was home again, not to mention I did really enjoy their show. I often wondered how long they could make it last though. All good things must come to an end I suppose. Really bums me out their gone.

Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceage007 View Post
Good!!! These guys are week......last week. Im sure if young kids still listen to that type of rock they would still have a job. Nobody cares about the music they played besides 40 somethings with mullets. A little Ratt, Poision, Dio, Twisted Sister, ZZzzTopzzzzzz boring! Maybe they can host Rock of Love with those throw backs Brett Michales and Riki Rachtman or they can land a job at the corral calling the girls to the stage.
Don't you mean weak??

Old 10-27-2011, 02:54 PM

546 posts, read 1,499,389 times
I remember listening to Lisle and Hahn on my way to high school. It made my morning. When i worked graveyard after a horrific shift I had their show to pick me up on my way home. It was always a pleasure. I will miss the catch phrase and all the other antics of the show. Best of luck gentlemen.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:23 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
It was a morning drivetime show. That's what they do. Talk with some music. The rest of the day more music + commercials, less talk.

I really dont recall KISS changing to a drivetime format. They touted their rock station not the fact that they talked all morning long instead of playing music. I could listen to that on talk radio. There was a time when they played more music and less talk. But anyway, I am glad that they changed it. It was more then time.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:59 PM

159 posts, read 784,696 times
Quote:
So is that joke.
Yeah, I guess you didnt get it. Old joke for a crew just as old as the joke, meaning who cares they are worn out. Next you gonna tell me Rock of Love isnt on VH1 anymore.

Quote:
Don't you mean weak??
And you totally didnt get it.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:24 PM

58 posts, read 127,075 times
steve is a cool guy. john is a total as-hol---!! you know i am telling the truth!!!

Old 10-28-2011, 08:59 PM

229 posts, read 473,700 times
That does suck but I have to give it to Cox Radio...they straight up admit that it's a business and it's how it goes. Back when 106.7 stopped being a talk station, I was livid. I sent a quite heated e-mail to corporate. I was promptly e-mailed by Virgil Thompson and he asked if I could call him when I got a chance. I certainly did and would you believe that I was on the phone with him for about 20 minutes. He told me all the thing Cox had tried to do to save the talk format, but that it wasn't working. I asked about the (what I perceived) as a lack of advertising for the station and he pointed out the VAST amount of quite expensive ad campaign they ran. At the end, he told me not to worry too awful much since he had on "good authority" that FM talk would be back soon in S.A. and that the talk show host I was particularly interested in would be on there too. I figured he was full of it, but bigger than hell, a few months later 95.5 was rolled out. So....although it's a sad day for the fans, I can certainly see the point.

Sort of like D'Ann Harper closing her Alamo Ranch office...sucks for people there, but as said by management, the office is hemorrhaging money and with things like they are now, it's strictly business.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:15 AM

1,642 posts, read 4,091,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
What is with this "true San Antonian" talk? A person has to like Lisle and Hahn to be a true San Antonian?
It's not that all SAers have to like L&H, but if you are not a native, you prob won't "get" them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio