Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 12:52 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times

Advertisements

90K more people on the road to pi$$ me off and more fast food places and nail salons, I'll pass...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
90K more people on the road to pi$$ me off and more fast food places and nail salons, I'll pass...
The road comment is very true. The highlighted portion of your statement is only true is you live along 1604.

The link below is just one of the few developments that have upped the game in urban living and greatly expanded the culinary scene.

Restaurants : Pearl Brewery : San Antonio, Texas

Old 05-26-2014, 09:35 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
Wow! With all the rain, thunder and lightening going on the past 24 hours I can not help but be drawn back to the days when this forum was a true group of friends who shared information vs the scorn, judgment and sad negativity that goes on now.....wishing all of you that were here then the wonderful memories of our "day in the sun" and all of you that missed it, wish you could have know and understood such stealth friendships.
To Anthony the weather guy, Jewels, Camper, Madmax, Ryantwo, Momtofeebs, SATX, GRober and and all the others that use to make this place such a wonderful, wonderful place to meet, my hat is off to you!

Last edited by Paka; 05-26-2014 at 09:50 AM..

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM

12 posts, read 17,974 times
Judgment and sad negativity are the prevailing traits of the internet. I think the old fun days are long gone...

Too many uninformed keyboard cowboys who think it's their duty to play internet tough guy ruin it for the rest of us.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:16 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,193,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Wow! With all the rain, thunder and lightening going on the past 24 hours I can not help but be drawn back to the days when this forum was a true group of friends who shared information vs the scorn, judgment and sad negativity that goes on now.....wishing all of you that were here then the wonderful memories of our "day in the sun" and all of you that missed it, wish you could have know and understood such stealth friendships.
Long gone Paka....

Old 05-26-2014, 04:12 PM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
Hostility and friendliness are very subjective in online fora. When you agree with someone, then that person is usually not seen as hostile. When someone expresses disagreement with something with which you agree, you will more likely view that disagreement as being hostile. A couple of the people Paka listed have been very hostile. Sometimes, they have been hostile to new posters for no reason at all. One of those people accused me of being hostile soon after her comment was just edited by a moderator in another thread for personally attacking someone. What people are probably seeing is more people with varying viewpoints.

When I first joined this forum, there were two or three people who were notoriously negative about San Antonio all the time. I would say they were more negative than the people who actively post now. These people were attacked all the time. In response to my first post, I believe it was a senior member who made a rude comment toward me just because I made some typing errors in my post.This reminds me of how people can look back at the 50s and 60s and only see the good. It's liked they blocked out all of the bad stuff.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:23 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraTex View Post

Judgment and sad negativity are the prevailing traits of the internet.

snip
don't forget to factor in - thin skin.

more and more prevalent every day.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:27 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
To Anthony the weather guy, Jewels, Camper, Madmax, Ryantwo, Momtofeebs, SATX, GRober and and all the others that use to make this place such a wonderful, wonderful place to meet, my hat is off to you!
Sigh...😕

Old 05-27-2014, 02:17 PM

6,706 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
A couple of the people Paka listed have been very hostile.
No disrespect to Paka (who has always been nice to me), I have to agree with L210 here. There are a couple out of that list that do not always make city-data a friendly place to be.

I know I personally need to work on being nicer to people myself.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:34 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
No disrespect to Paka (who has always been nice to me), I have to agree with L210 here. There are a couple out of that list that do not always make city-data a friendly place to be.

I know I personally need to work on being nicer to people myself.
Not me I hope.😔
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio